This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiring a romahome, its happening

I have just booked a rental of a romahome for a few days to see if I like it ... and I am very excited at the idea. I do hope I will enjoy it, I am a bit nervous. I thought I would treat myself for a few days.

hiring a romahome

Congratulations!

I am sure you will have a lovely time.

Enjoy and tell us about it when you come back.

Comment

It is an old one a C15 but the theory is that I will learn a lot about motorhoming in a few days and whether it is for me.... and if I can manage a C15 a more modern machine will be a doddle.

thats the theory anyway.

Comment

That sounds good, did you get it from http://www.rentaromahome.co.uk/j/

Hope you said where you heard about them. They were kind enough to take some advertising from us and I want them to rebook.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Tentpeg View Post
          It is an old one a C15 but the theory is that I will learn a lot about motorhoming in a few days and whether it is for me.... and if I can manage a C15 a more modern machine will be a doddle.

thats the theory anyway.
          There is nothing wrong with the C15,its ideal for the solo camper and works well,insurance and parts are easy and cheap.The 2nd hand price is very reasonable too.

Good luck,hope it all goes well for you.
          Think all weather and cozy.
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi Tentpeg congratulatios on hiring your C15, great little van, my first van was a C15 took me all over the place, nice to drive, very economical for todays fuel prices.
            Just keep your distance from the vehicle in front of you, breaks could be better they are fine when you get used to them happy days ahead.
            Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
            'Live without regrets'

Comment

Yes the braking distance is an issue isn't it and I am dead worried about picking it up from London... VERY..... but it will give me an idea if I like Romahomes although I would buy something a bit more modern for myself.

God knows how I will drive a new largish vehicle out of London though.... that is a really horrid thought but otherwise...

Also being March will find out how it is in winter conditions when life is not ideal on a campsite.
              Last edited by Tentpeg; 15-02-2011, 18:15.

Comment

Graham I found rentaromahome and told him about the small motorhome forum and told him to talk to you! You then sold him advertising.

But it seems to me even if you end up buying an Outlook, R25 or R20 that you would get a good idea of a romahome from a C15. The outlook is going to have a better engine etc.. and you can easily check that out by a test drive BUT living with the motorhome is going to be pretty similar and enough to sort out what your priorities are.
                Last edited by Tentpeg; 15-02-2011, 18:35.

Comment

Yes the braking distance is an issue isn't it and I am dead worried about picking it up from London... VERY..... but it will give me an idea if I like Romahomes although I would buy something a bit more modern for myself.

God knows how I will drive a new largish vehicle out of London though.... that is a really horrid thought but otherwise...

Also being March will find out how it is in winter conditions when life is not ideal on a campsite.
                  What is it with this breaking distance nonsense,we even had one contributor saying that romas were death traps - absolute garbage!
                  I have driven all sorts,its a small van not a sports car,it doesnt have disc brakes all round,so drive with the legally required braking distance between you and the car in front,dont tailgate,say inside the speed limits and you will have a safe and fun journey. The brakes are OK,just dont expect sportcar stopping,learn to engine break,slow before braking its not rocket science its how you are supposed to drive.Too many boy racers out there.
                  Dont panic,you will be fine,in heavy traffic you cant drive fast just watch the guy in front and you will be OK.

Comment

I hate driving in London, have dones o before and it is my idea of hell and I had promised myself I would never do so again..... but if I want to try a Romahome there is no alternative.

Last time was in London ended up in the dock area totally lost and everybody I asked for directions could not speak a word of English...

I was even debating using a train to pick the thing up but decided was being a wuss .... But if this sounds panic.. yep I am.

Comment

I hate driving in London, have dones o before and it is my idea of hell and I had promised myself I would never do so again..... but if I want to try a Romahome there is no alternative.

Last time was in London ended up in the dock area totally lost and everybody I asked for directions could not speak a word of English...

I was even debating using a train to pick the thing up but decided was being a wuss .... But if this sounds panic.. yep I am.
                      OK,I am in London,do you want help?

Comment

Graham I found rentaromahome and told him about the small motorhome forum and told him to talk to you! You then sold him advertising.
                        You're a star, thanks.

And you are dead right about the C15 being very similar when camping to the more modern ones, we have had both and we loved the C15 but the newer Berlingo Duo was a pleasure to drive in comparison, enjoy your camping experience.
                        Graham
                        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I drive in London and don't worry about the brakes. I don't hit other cars too often nor do I speed through cameras as I have a Talex GPS camera detector, well I used to have.

Brakes are sometimes spongy though especially in Clapham and Wandsworth.

Comment

Enjoy your trip, where are you planning on visiting??

If you decide to rent again but fancy trying a different model, there is a dimension (in Devon) or a duo (Notts.) available.
                            Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Thank you Ian that is kind of you... The hiring out guy is going to help me get out of London.. hopefully on the way back I will be a bit more confident. I now need to plan where to visit in my vehicle..... only a couple days. Really quite excited to see how I cope.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X