As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C15 Romahome

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C15 Romahome

Hi, I'm new to the forum and don't yet have a Romahome but I'm interested in buying a C15 Hytop, pref with power steering and would be interested to hear from existing owners of their experiences.

I would like to know if there is space under the seats to store a porta-potti and whether it would be worth adding a blown-air heating system as I would like to use the vehicle all year round. Also how reliable is the C15 base vehicle?
    Finally, I'm 6 feet 3 tall and wondered whether this would cause any problems!

Any advice/experience you could supply would be gratefully received.

Hello Eric,
    You've come to the right place for advice, so welcome aboard. I had a C15 Hylo for 3 years, and this year sold it and my car to buy an Outlook which I use as my everyday vehicle. I had very little problems mechanically (considering mine was a 94 reg) and used it a lot, hence the decision to run only one vehicle instead of 2. I didn't have power steering and didn't find that a problem, but do enjoy the luxury of that now. There is usually a space for a port potti under the offside bench seat, and as for your height, the bed may be a little short without the bed extension. Don't worry if you find one without the extra bit, there are people on this forum who have made one very simply and I'm sure they'll advise.
    We didn't have heating, (and still don't) but have used our vans all year round. There's a thread on the forum about winter camping that may be useful too. There's no denying that you have to layer up, but we have survived! For me, the worst was the time it took to get my red wine to a decent temperature!
    Good luck with your hunt for the van for you,
    Aileen.

Comment

Hi Eric

Welcome to the forum, you'll find lots of advice on here from a really friendly group of people.

The C15 is a very reliable vehicle and when we had ours we got around 45-50 mpg, a lot of people use them as their sole vehicle.

There is certainly space for a porta potti under the bench seats but you have to get the right one, not sure of the number but others will advise.

As Aileen says the C15 does come with a bed extension for the taller person but they do tend to get lost from second hand vans so worth checking.

Regarding keeping warm in winter we found a simple electric fan heater with thermostat was sufficient as long as you can get on electric hook up.

Good luck with your search.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X