As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back in the bag

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Back in the bag

    Hi,
    I have recently purchased a movelight awning for "Rodney" my romahome.
    Although the video of How to Erect an Awning was very useful, I would like to suggest that we need a follow up video entitled How To Get It Back In The Bag!
    It took me longer to do this than erect it in the first place. Oh, and I forgot to put the groundsheet back in the bag so it's tied to the outside for the moment.
    I now realize the function of the Luton area in my van. It's to ram all the awning stuff up there and forget the B****y bag!!

    This is all written with tongue firmly in cheek.
    As a newby to all this I am chuffed to bits with the Movelight Square,
    Rodney now has his own Conservatory - very posh we are

    #2
    back in the bag

    Hi Barry
    I really empathise with your problem. When I tent camped I never did find an easy eficient way to pack away - always the worst part of camping for me!
    What I did do was to split the tent up into seperate bags - one for the canvas and one for the poles and pegs. I found this much easier and it did not take up any more room than one bag. Much less stressful!
    I still do this with my little outhouse and Movelite square.
    Lizzie

    Comment


      #3
      Always found the best way to "Pack up a tent" was to place it in the nearest skip to where you were staying.

      Geoff.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Barry View Post
        Hi,
        I have recently purchased a movelight awning for "Rodney" my romahome.
        Although the video of How to Erect an Awning was very useful, I would like to suggest that we need a follow up video entitled How To Get It Back In The Bag!
        It took me longer to do this than erect it in the first place. Oh, and I forgot to put the groundsheet back in the bag so it's tied to the outside for the moment.
        I now realize the function of the Luton area in my van. It's to ram all the awning stuff up there and forget the B****y bag!!

        This is all written with tongue firmly in cheek.
        As a newby to all this I am chuffed to bits with the Movelight Square,
        Rodney now has his own Conservatory - very posh we are
        Hi Barry,
        come to the Meet at Moreton in Marsh and you can laugh your socks off watching everyone else fight with awnings,including me.
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

        Comment


          #5
          Thanks for the invite, sounds fun.
          Not sure what my plans are yet but will let you know if I'm coming

          Comment


            #6
            I've got the Outhouse Handi utility tent, from the same company, and it's just as bad. I think they must have a special robot that packs them to begin with, because it's impossible for a human being to fit it all back in as delivered

            I tend to throw it all into the van and worry about packing it when I get home....when I've got several hours to spare with nobody watching!
            Neil

            Comment


              #7
              Mine always goes back into the bag, poles and all! Aren't I

              (I think I have a bigger bag than everyone else. But I do have to sit on the bag to zip it up...)

              Unless it's wet that is - I shove it into a bin bag until I get home and dry it and the poles out before it goes back into the bag then.

              The knack is to put the poles at the bottom of the bag,, then fold the awning to the same length as the bag. then roll it up to the same width as the bag - handy hint - you need the bag right there in front of you when you are folding up the awning!

              I'll give you a demo at the next meet! LOL
              Last edited by jayjay; 09-03-2011, 21:44.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                Mine always goes back into the bag, poles and all! Aren't I .......I'll give you a demo at the next meet! LOL
                We know where to come then when we eventually get an awning Twinkletoes and Songbird

                Comment


                  #9
                  We have no problems getting either of our movelites back in the bag (my wife is a brilliant packer) but we have an old harrison awning that we bought secondhand that is impossible to get into its bag.

                  When we travel with our awning under normal cicumstances we only put the main part in the bag. The poles, pegs and groundsheet travel in different places.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    back in the bag

                    Hi Barry
                    You made me smile about your movelight awning and Rodney, I struggle putting my sleeping bag in it's bag, let alone a posh conservatory, happy camping
                    Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                    'Live without regrets'

                    Comment


                      #11
                      My son always folds the awning to the length of the poles. and he places the bag over the top of the awning whilst on the ground and rolls the lot into the bag, easy peasy for him, he never fails. even with his big monty 6 tent. - clever b.....r

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Poles in the SAME bag! Yur avin' a larf surely

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                          I'll give you a demo at the next meet!
                          I have a better suggestion - awnings/tents are drawn from lots, and everyone has to pack somebody else's in a race. That'll determine whether it's the fault of the bag or the packer
                          Neil

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Folding an Outhouse Handi utility tent/small awning, doddle



                            Just roll it up and put it in the bag (roll from the top)

                            I confess, I did cheat, I took the photographs when I first unpacked it
                            Derek Our Berlingo camping car

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by 1_man_and_his_dob(lo) View Post
                              I have a better suggestion - awnings/tents are drawn from lots, and everyone has to pack somebody else's in a race. That'll determine whether it's the fault of the bag or the packer

                              Comment

                              320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

                              Collapse

                              728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X