X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kernowjon
    replied
    Originally posted by Tigerfish View Post
    Sorry Jon, here are the other pictures that don't seem to have attached to the other message

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14087[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14088[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14089[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14090[/ATTACH]

regards
    Graham
    Thanks Graham now downloaded and with your dimensions I can convert into full size.
    Jon

Leave a comment:

• Tigerfish
    replied
    Sorry Jon, here are the other pictures that don't seem to have attached to the other message

WP_20170615_19_54_11_Pro.jpgrear right.JPGrear left.JPGlogo right.JPG

regards
    Graham

Leave a comment:

• Tigerfish
    replied
    Hi Jon, I'm having trouble inserting the pictures you asked for into a PM, so posting here for you.

WP_20170615_19_54_11_Pro.jpg

Hope this is useful.

The thick solid line is 4 cm wide, the thin one is 1 cm wide, the word ROMAHOME is 2,5 cm wide, hopefully this gives you the context you need get the lettering the correct height.

Regards
    Graham

Leave a comment:

• kernowjon
    replied
    Originally posted by Donk's Dad View Post
    you may find its the upright (90 degree not raked) angle that's the problem with your Daihatsu seats.
    No not Rake I tried moving forward and a notch of Rake - No improvement!! The problem is the seats have no shape, the padding is either minimal or compacted. They really are the pits.
    I hope the Smart Car seats do fit they are very good design - real bucket seats built into a hard shell.

Jon

Leave a comment:

• Donk's Dad
    replied
    you may find its the upright (90 degree not raked) angle that's the problem with your Daihatsu seats.

Leave a comment:

• kernowjon
    replied
    Originally posted by Donk's Dad View Post
    You need to remember that in a pick up you have a bulkhead behind the seats that will affect their adjustment (rake) backwards.

In our Bambi (Rascal Pickup) where the bulkhead was removed I fitted Suzuki vitara seats but in the 1.3 carry with the Demountable pod there is a bulkhead and no where for the seat backs to tip into. If replacements are fitted they have to be mounted further to allow the back to tip slightly forward shortening the available legroom
    I think I follow you - The seat back will be upright 90 degree not raked. They are mounted on their rails so will slide forward to tilt the engine cover. Rear of the rails need moding (too long Hacksaw). There are stops on the back forward rake - drivers seat - easy to remove.

I will be cursing if this does not work couple of hundred quid up the swanee

Jon

Leave a comment:

• Donk's Dad
    replied
    You need to remember that in a pick up you have a bulkhead behind the seats that will affect their adjustment (rake) backwards.

In our Bambi (Rascal Pickup) where the bulkhead was removed I fitted Suzuki vitara seats but in the 1.3 carry with the Demountable pod there is a bulkhead and no where for the seat backs to tip into. If replacements are fitted they have to be mounted further to allow the back to tip slightly forward shortening the available legroom

Leave a comment:

• kernowjon
    replied
    Originally posted by Tigerfish View Post
    Hi Jon, yes we fitted Seitz windows, 120 x 60cm, we opening windows to start with so only had to chop out the corners of the aperture to suit the more squared off corners of the new units.

I like the sound of the smart car seats, Rose has been complaining about a lack of lumbar support, do you have a link for where you saw the idea ?

Regards
    Graham
    I'll take another look at the Seitz.

I gave the link in the last post. Here it is again http://hijet.findtalk.biz/t1229-fitting-smart-car-seats

There is a bit of modifying to do - stops on the drivers seat so it will wind forward to lift cover and shorten slider rails and drill new holes in the cover - not too difficult though - I think matching passenger seats would be better - use the Daihatsu seat belt mounts.

Jon

Leave a comment:

• Tigerfish
    replied
    Hi Jon, yes we fitted Seitz windows, 120 x 60cm, we opening windows to start with so only had to chop out the corners of the aperture to suit the more squared off corners of the new units.

I like the sound of the smart car seats, Rose has been complaining about a lack of lumbar support, do you have a link for where you saw the idea ?

Glad your ceiling is still up !

Regards
    Graham

Leave a comment:

• kernowjon
    replied
    Hi Graham and everyone else your van is It is looking good - nice skylights - are you putting in Steitz windows? I considered them but I thought it would be major work reducing the size of the window appertures.

Clockwork Orange progress - the ceiling is up and staying up and staying in place. - I have bought a pair of ex Smart Car leather seats to replace the 'orrible Daihatsu offerings. Fitting is not too difficult according to the forums
    http://hijet.findtalk.biz/t1229-fitting-smart-car-seats
    Hopefully the extra lumbar support will be better for my back and the van will look smarter (excuse the pun).
    Photos follow soon.
    Jon

Leave a comment:

• Tigerfish
    replied
    Jon, hows the refurb going ?
    Here are a couple of pictures from when I did ours, the blobby bits are what was left sticking to the inside skin, the other is the finished fit with some blingy chrome screw caps that go into blobs of resin and partially into the double skin, foam filled void along the centre ridge.

I'm also replacing the original skylights with some fancy Thule units.

Regards
    Graham

WP_20170521_18_24_02_Pro.jpgWP_20170521_18_35_35_Pro.jpgWP_20170606_09_29_47_Pro.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Donk's Dad
    replied
    Thanks Jon.

Thouht they just dropped off the end....

Emptied it now

Leave a comment:

• kernowjon
    replied
    Solar Panel fitting

As stated in the last post I had a disaster and had to refit pop-rivetts from inside to out So I have used lashings of sealant it does not look elegant but it works.

IMGA0003.jpg

The mounting is 2 lengths of 40mm aluminium angle fastened to the long sides of the panel with Sikaflex and nut headed self tappers - the type that drill their own holes.

IMGA0004.jpg

To allow for the raised part of the roof the angle hangs down about 20 to 25 mm lower than the bottom of the panel.

IMGA0005.jpg

The mounting in turn is fastened to the roof with Sikaflex and pop-rivetts
    My panel is 117 cm or 46 inches long which is quite a tight fit between the front and rear rooflights - incidentall the plywood is covering the rear rooflight apperture while we are working inside and the ceiling is not yet refitted.

(BTW DD your inbox is full)

Jon
    Last edited by kernowjon; 30-05-2017, 15:40.

Leave a comment:

• kernowjon
    replied
    Two steps forward - One step back!!!

The carpet is going on well - Sandra is doing a fine job.

sandra trim 3.jpg
    While she has been dealing with the carpet I have done the pelmets now with 4 inch wide shelves above.
    pelmett shelf detail.jpg

Thats the 2 steps forward.
    The downside the roof is lumps and bumps between the resin mounting blobs / pads, Close examination revealed some of the lumps and bumps of old adhesive filler are so high the ceiling will not seat on the resin bits. So out with the Lidel / Parkside multi tool on with the scraper blade and after an arm aching choking hour the roof is almost fine. Second problem length of the pop rivetts I used for the solar panel - distinctly too long. Solution drill them out and rivett the other way - I have then coated them with large amounts of sealant to ensure they are water-tight.
    Doesn't sound a lot but progress is in the right direction.
    Jon

Leave a comment:

• kernowjon
    replied
    Originally posted by Dapple View Post
    Did you apply spray adhesive to ply, to carpet, or to both? I have some to do myself.

It doesn't look like much of that sealant was even in contact with anything? May be the pics but it looks straight from the tube, not squashed.
    Carpet trim - we used brush on - I have a couple of 2.5 litre cans so it was the obvious option - when we did a Freedom Caravan some years ago we did the same - but we used a darker flecked pattern which was OK. Incidentally the fumes built up to such a level the gas alarm kept tripping - I reckon we must have been tripping too How to enjoy your work.
    We will overcome the problem with fabric paint - orange ceiling again - if I get my way. I bet SWMBO has different ideas!:blank:
    I would follow DDs advice - you must coat both the panel and the carpet then when it is nearly dry (tacky) it will stick - one shot to get it right.

Re rooflights - I tend to agree - I have a few issues with the roof lights - the front Fiamma has been anchored down with pop-rivetts - What is the seal like there? I decided not to drill them out so I laid new seal around the outside using a spreader to push in tight.

Jon

Leave a comment: