Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

age of my camper

I have been reading the article posted about putting an age on a Romahome
    according to what has been written going by the fact I have a brown Flavel cooker then my
    Hylo is not a 2001 ,should I be worried ???

I don't see a reason to be worried unless it's made in a dodgy workshop. There is a place near us where they re-fit and re-build romahomes, I think they would sometimes put new habitation on another chassis or whatever you call the actual car part. It's all legit and fine. The quality of the build is the important thing.

Comment

Hi there,

The cooker is only one way to check the date of your camper. Cooker could always have been replaced with a second hand one if it proved faulty.

Upholstery is another way to check the date. A 2001 pod should, I imagine, have modernish 'florally' style upholstery. Earlier upholstery appears to be duller colours with 'stripes', for want of a better word, from what I have seen.

But there is one surefire way to date your pod. There is a date stamp in the aluminium frame of the rear door near to the top hinge. This will give the date of your pod.

If it appears that you pod is on a later chassis, this is not necessarily a disaster. You could always ask Ant to give it the once over for you.

If it all works ok then I wouldn't be too concerned anyway, just carry on enjoying it!

Panda
      These broken wings are gonna leave me here to stand my ground........

Comment

it was re upholstered by the dealer that I bought it from ,they do them up a bit in order to sell them

Comment

The main area of concern in "re-bodied" vans is whether the chassis can carry the weight of the pod. As I understand it, the pod was originally put on a chassis that could take a heavier load than the newer vans were designed for. Maybe you could check the plated weight? But I may be wrong. Do you have any photos of the interior?

Comment