This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Zones.........

Hi all, just a quick qquestion for someone who lives in the London area, or indeed anyone that knows for sure, as im at a loss,. lol, im often toodling about in my ,van, and whilst, im in St.Albans area, i pop into Camden Town, North London,thro, highgate,into Kentish Town Road,.. when will this, iff it does, Low Emiision Zone affect me?.. i dont pay the toll charges as i go after tea,ie,,6pm till6am .mmm ive a c15 92, model,(New Venture) not that that matters lol I do no Trucks have to be emmisions 5, and coaches but will it affect us campers? and what about Abbey Wood site , also another, one just south of the river?....
    Rob,:thumbsup:

London LOW EMISSION ZONE

Hi N.V - The situation at present is as follows, the low emmision requirements for vehicles of 1-2 tons has been SUSPENDED, by the mayor of london, but please note NOT cancelled. Normally your C15 would FAIL, and it would cost you serious money. Go to the Transport for London website, low emission zone, registration checker. Type in your vehicle make and registration and you will be told at once if you are safe to enter the zone without paying. Check often as the requirement is only suspended. I traded a lovely C15, to avoid paying, then the b*****d suspended the lower limit, however I love my berlingo. I hope this helps. Ian
    Originally posted by Nu Venture, Cleethorpes View Post
    Hi all, just a quick qquestion for someone who lives in the London area, or indeed anyone that knows for sure, as im at a loss,. lol, im often toodling about in my ,van, and whilst, im in St.Albans area, i pop into Camden Town, North London,thro, highgate,into Kentish Town Road,.. when will this, iff it does, Low Emiision Zone affect me?.. i dont pay the toll charges as i go after tea,ie,,6pm till6am .mmm ive a c15 92, model,(New Venture) not that that matters lol I do no Trucks have to be emmisions 5, and coaches but will it affect us campers? and what about Abbey Wood site , also another, one just south of the river?....
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Further information

Yes it includes the camp sites inside the M25, petrol engines are exempt, it only applies to diesel engines, the engine must be euro 4 or5 standard, explained on the TfL website, No vehicle type is exempt, so motorcaravans are in. Ian

Comment

M25 Zone.........

Cheers for that Ian,....yes its a load of pants all this emmisions,vehicle engines have Never been so clean/green, i could go obn but i wont,id like a belingo, but finances dont allow me to have one,but love my c15,(fourth) almost, rebuilt this one, and dont really wish to sell on just yet, but do go into Kentish Town.grrrr, K L has a lot to answer for.

Comment

Think yourself lucky

We who live inside the M25 also have to pay a surcharge on our council tax for the b****y olympic games!!! - Ian
          Cheers for that Ian,....yes its a load of pants all this emmisions,vehicle engines have Never been so clean/green, i could go obn but i wont,id like a belingo, but finances dont allow me to have one,but love my c15,(fourth) almost, rebuilt this one, and dont really wish to sell on just yet, but do go into Kentish Town.grrrr, K L has a lot to answer for.

Comment

Ive just checked the registration of our motorhome, a 2.8 deisel, 1992 and it says

" According to our records this vehicle is not subject to the Low Emission Zone and is not required to meet the Low Emission Zone standards this time."

so does that mean we wouldn't have to pay?? i'm confused

we are looking at heading down to the big smoke early next year and had been looking for sites outside the LEZ but maybe now we don't have to.

Thanks Ian for highlighting the fact that you can do the check online.
            Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Hi Glen,.......

Your correct in thinking you are ok for the time being, as i and many others are thank goodness, ok for at least untill oct 2010, ....ill keep the web sssite on my favs from now on,and have a periodical check! Ahh well, Kentish Town, for me this week,(Camden).....Thanks Ian i did look at the web site when it first took off i couldnt make head nor tail of it then! lol Wish we were a little nearer to London tho,as i frequent, kent area, (over the woolich ferry tho, im not keen on the bridge)... and silverliegh, campsite.

Comment

You'll get lost going down there from Cleethorpes LOL,
                Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                'Live without regrets'

Comment

I drove home a couple of years ago and noticed a new sign at the top of my road 'Low emission zone' it said. Chatted to the lad next door and he knew nothing about it either. Finally found out from the wonderful internet.

We are actually OK with our vehicle but how 'p'd off would I have been to have a non compliant vehicle and live just a few yards inside the zone and have to pay the huge charges, and they are huge.

Now these signs are everywhere at the top of all the local roads going in to London..

Comment

london low emmision zone

You are so right, the charge is huge, designed to force older vehicles off the road. But remember the smaller vehicle charge is only suspended until October 2010 then bloody Boris will slam it back on.You are not exempt.Also the fine for not paying the congestion charge is huge, you must pay on the day you enter the congestion zone or an increased charge within 24 hours. Boris hasnt cancelled that one, despite election pledges - another lying politician.We need them like a dog needs fleas.
                    Originally posted by ScapaFlow View Post
                    I drove home a couple of years ago and noticed a new sign at the top of my road 'Low emission zone' it said. Chatted to the lad next door and he knew nothing about it either. Finally found out from the wonderful internet.

We are actually OK with our vehicle but how 'p'd off would I have been to have a non compliant vehicle and live just a few yards inside the zone and have to pay the huge charges, and they are huge.

Now these signs are everywhere at the top of all the local roads going in to London..

Comment

Note also that historic vehicles, pre 1st Jan 1973, are exempt from LEZ charge in case anyone has an older van or other vehicle.
                      Cheers, DJ

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X