X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tent Peg how is the Rentaromahome?

Hi Tentpeg

I think you should be in your hired C15 now, just wondered how it is going, hope you are enjoying yourself, if you've got a dongle and a signal let us know how you are going on.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Well am back from my travels and can report Rentaromahome were fantastic nothing was too much trouble for Jonathan. He is an enthusiat of Romahomes and their quality. He has a rare St Micheal which is a lovely design.

The C15 is beautifully laid out and the engine was willing and sweet as a nut. The brakes are not the liveliest & so drove accordingly in a more sedate style but they are fine really. There is quite a soft suspension, (is that the correct term?) so you do feel a bit like Zebedee at times.

Very easy motorhome to live in and simple controls. Jonathan supplied everything you need to motorhome including bedding. Can recommend Rentaromahome as a company.

( Sorry to delay reporting no internet whilst away, and a very eventful journey back having dropped off the Romahome & picked up my own car, with first a smashed front windscreen.... and half an hour after than a breakdown requiring the RAC).
    Last edited by Tentpeg; 20-03-2011, 00:59.

Comment

Glad to hear you had a good outing in a romahome, Tentpeg!

What happened to your car????

Comment

Driving back on the M3, noise like a bullet and a bullet shaped circle on windscreen.... still drivable then gradually the formation of a crack across the field of vision... not undrivable but definitely a replacement job.

Pulled off for lunch.... suddenly no power to the car.. press accelerater nothing just a trickle.... Decided with friends lunch was in order before anything else.... a 5 mile an hour limp through lanes with a push only required once.... Very civilised.... had maincourse .. rang RAC (brilliant people), they said 40 minutes... ORDERED dessert.... Halfway through RAC man arrived... took keys said carry on with lunch... Finished lunch problem identified which will need fixing and could reoccur so we set off again. RAC man brilliant followed us for 20 or so miles to ensure we were okay.

Most vehicles incidents on a journey but the least stressful breakdown of my life... but am now organising some repairs. The fault on the Berlingo is not fixed and will happen again. A thermosensor cannot remember the name but understand i think how it works.. it is a gauge that works by altering a connection point along a wire in response to the position of the accelerator pedal, and thus alters resistance and thus the current. This is then communicated to the car computer which then regulates I image the fuel injection. When it failed there was no revs... just the engine ticking over. If you switch off and leave it for 5 minutes it will reset.... but this could be entertaining in certain situations so driving it other than to the garage is a no no. (the lengthy explaination is because cannot remember the name)
        Last edited by Tentpeg; 20-03-2011, 10:42.

Comment

That used to happen to me every time I went through Glasgow on the M73! The windscreen thing, that is.

That other thing sounds scary, so glad it got fixed for getting home and that it can eventually be fixed forever.

Comment

Sounds like the Rentaromahome experience went well, sorry to hear of your mishap on the way home.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

cost of hiring?

thinking of buying a small motorhome but maybe renting might be a better starting point. how much did it cost you to hire?

Comment

Hi Fred

Have a look at this website http://www.rentaromahome.co.uk/ they rent them from £35 a day.
                Graham

Comment

Hi Fred

They are a very friendly bunch and you get a very good idea of the layout and whether motorhoming if for you or not. The layout of the classic romahome has not changed much over the years.

Comment

Hi Tentpeg,

Thanks for your numerous replies! Do the guys at Rentaromahome provide sleeping bags/ pots & pans etc or will I have to bring my own?

Comment

They will supply sleeping bags, pots and pans.... just about anything. Very good stereo system too.... Drop them a line

Comment

Rentaromahome

Hi guys,

Just to report back that I had a fantastic campervan trip over the weekend. Went to Cornwall.

Hired the Romahome St Michel from Rentaromahome and was perfect. The shower was remarkably good + it catered for all our needs. Can strongly recommend as a company & will be arranging another trip v soon!

Thanks for all ur advice & help!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X