This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friend NO LONGER of small motorhome forum

Soon will be FULLY FLEDGED MEMBER. Very excited.

Visited Ant yesturday... deliberating about the R25 and had long discussion because not had motorhome before. Not used yet to camping on my own and not sure completely yet after my trial run if it will suit me.

He is brilliant and not into the hard sell at all. So I have a deposit on a second hand R20 with Pullman seating and a Heki rooflight and with the option that if I change my mind I can ring them on Monday! I would have liked the diesal heating BUT for a beginner it is probably best to start simple as draining for the winter would be another worry given the last years freezing conditions.

I can then see how I get on, if it suits me and go from there..... if I do not enjoy it then do not think would have difficulty selling an R20 and would not take the financial hit in the same way that you do with a new vehicle.
    Last edited by Tentpeg; 27-03-2011, 09:46.

What a brilliant solution! Look forward to meeting up some time - our R20 was wonderful, but just a little too small for us as we needed to put up the awning each time, without the dog it would have been fine, without one of us it would have been fine. Bet you are really excited!

Comment

Great news Tentpeg,
      I'm sure you won't regret it at all. I've had my Outlook/R20 for a couple of years now (had a C15 Hylo first) and I'm still very pleased with myself. I use mine as my everyday car and love it. Now all you have to do is decide what to take with you.
      We don't have heating, and survived in the Shetlands in January last year, so I'm sure you'll be fine.
      Have fun,
      Aileen

Comment

I will not have it for a little while as having an external ariel point put in and the vehicle has only just been dropped off with Ant and had not even been prepared for the salesroom let alone checked out etc.

It was great going to Ant's because did not feel the need to have to crawl all over it checking every last bolt and screw like you would at other dealers.
        Last edited by Tentpeg; 27-03-2011, 10:19.

Comment

That's wonderful news!

Use EHU in the winter and take an oil filled 500w radiator!

Look forward to meeting you at one of the meets!

Comment

Well done Jenny,

Think you have made the right decision, if you don't get it before 15th April, we may see it at Ants. Hoping to get to a meet, but all clashing with baby-sitting grandkids and French Trips at the moment.
            Don't forget the low car park barriers!

Tony Anchorman
            Last edited by anchorman; 27-03-2011, 10:29.

Comment

Jenny, you worried me when I read the title of your post, I thought you had fell out with us.

What a shame you just missed us we were at Ant's on Friday, sunning ourselves in his garden while our van was having its annual MoT, service and habitation check.

If you have the van from Ant you will definitely have made the right decision, he will certainly look after you and your van.

Will you have it in time to join us at Moreton? Bet you can't wait to get going.
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Friend NO LONGER of small motorhome forum

Like Graham I didn't understand the title of your post, enjoy your new van, you'll love it, happy camping.
                Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                'Live without regrets'

Comment

It was a bit naughty of me that post I know.... sorry. Could not resist it am just a 'tad' excited....

Graham... a request .... I was looking for an 'evil grin' smiley... you know the smiley with horns and a tails......

Sadly I was working on Friday but would have been great to meet up.... I will be sure to go on a meet as soon as I can that is for sure.
                  Last edited by Tentpeg; 27-03-2011, 13:30.

Comment

Tony they are still offering the 'older' body style with the spare wheel at the moment. I love the look of the R25 but this way with secondhand is much cheaper for a first van.... my van of choice would have been the R25 but I am compromising until I am sure motorhoming is for me.

I would not be comfortable with a van if I could not carry a spare tyre so having somewhere to put one is essential. Also you would lose the outside locker.

Comment

good for you

we have the R20 geting a new one some time when romahone pull finger out in winter tack top of u water tank drin it out i put bit hose in suck it out wast water tank a year end go to tesco by big bottle of demstos but in in go for a ride it cleans your tank out find some wast ground let it out if u away get cold put kettle on hot water heating as well we do not use sites as geting to dear good look to u u don right tom denise pus dog. [email protected]

Comment

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
                          we have the R20 geting a new one some time when romahone pull finger out in winter tack top of u water tank drin it out i put bit hose in suck it out wast water tank a year end go to tesco by big bottle of demstos but in in go for a ride it cleans your tank out find some wast ground let it out if u away get cold put kettle on hot water heating as well we do not use sites as geting to dear good look to u u don right tom denise pus dog. [email protected]
                          Tom,
                          Our meet at Moreton in Marsh is only £7.50 per unit per night,come and join us and meet your chums
                          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Tentpeg,
                            Dont be so nervous,you will grow to love the freedom a small all weather camper gives you,and with Ant to back you up,you cant go wrong.
                            See you soon
                            Ian
                            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Outlook with Pullman a good choice, the big Heki means that you can stand up in the middle of the van. Have you got the model with the toilet under the sink?. You will still have the problem of draining water in winter. We have the diesel heater and I was very sceptical at first but it is brilliant and it means that we can use CLs and CSs in winter that dont have electricity. We may have considered just having diesel heating and not hot water but the system was already installed. We had to go to a funeral near Newcastle last week and we stayed on a couple of no facility sites and used the heater. We were as warm as toast. Get yourself an external insulated windscreen cover ours was from Silverscreens - it means that the can can be part of your living - storage space and it really increases the useable area

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X