As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time!

I've been an avid follower of this forum for some time and its been amazingly helpful to know what owners think about the Romahome product and the dealers. However, I rarely get the opportunity to drive and properly use our products as life and business can simply be too busy.
    That's all about to change as I'm pinching a demonstrator R30 from the Romahome Centre and we're off to Torquay and Babbacombe Bay for a long weekend. Its my other half's birthday and as Marie's more of a hotel person she might well think its my idea of an April Fool's joke as we leave early tomorrow morning, just the two of us plus Margot, our one year old labrador! At the moment she has no idea of what's happening, just that she needs to pack for four days away. If she thinks I'm taking her to some romantic luxury spa in Europe...I could be in trouble.
    Anyway, I'll let you know how it went when I get back but if you do happen to see an '11' plate R30 in Devon over the next few days dont forget to give me a 'Romahome wave'!!
    Last edited by andrew; 31-03-2011, 16:10.

Hi Andrew

I hope you and Marie have a great time in the R30. You never know Marie might like it that much that you will have to get one for keeps. I am sure Romahome will give you a good staff discount.

Have fun and don't forget to come back and tell us how it went.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by andrew View Post
      At the moment she has no idea of what's happening, just that she needs to pack for four days away. If she thinks I'm taking her to some romantic luxury spa in Europe...I could be in trouble.
      So if we see someone in LBD and stilletoes tottering across a campsite, we had better assume she hadn't guessed

Hope you have a great weekend, in fact, I KNOW you will have a great weekend, who couldn't in a new R30

Comment

How did it go at Torquay/ Is Marie still talking to you,when do you come out of the plaster cast?
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Andrew

You'll all be delighted to hear that despite my fears, Marie loved our motor home weekend. Admittedly there was an initial 'discussion' as she reluctantly unpacked her glad rags, high heels and spa gear and replaced them with far more sensible wear but any qualms she had were quickly forgotten as Margot, our one year old labrador bounded into the R30 early on Friday morning.
          Thankyou to Neville at the Romahome Centre for making it easy by fitting the R30 with gas, supplying mains leads and topping up the fuel and water tanks. Just the fridge to stock up, load the quilts and pillows and we set off from Rogate near Petersfield only to stop 100 yds later to put a towel over the cooker which was making an annoying rattle.
          There's no doubt that motor homing immediately de-stresses you and although the R30 was very easy to drive at much higher speeds we happily toodled along at around 60mph, still overtaking lorries and caravans galore, heading down the M27 and onto the A35.
          We stopped several times on route (simply because we could) for Margot to spend a penny and for Marie to brew a cuppa. Very pleasant!
          Our destination was Brixham where I'd booked two nights at Hillhead, a great site with stunning views of the sea. Our spot was well protected by hedges either side though it wasn't really necessary as the site was pretty empty. Not a lot of action there either but it was a wonderful base to go walking along miles of beaches and cliff-top paths. We visited several beaches, or at least tried to, and how frustrating to be faced with a 6'6" height barrier and no other way in to an empty car park. Their loss as we turned round and drove elsewhere.
          The third night I'd cheated and booked a room at the Cary Arms in Babbacombe just in case I needed a few brownie points. Lovely hotel with friendly staff but a nightmare steep access road from the town down to the beach and the hotel car park. No problem if the road's quiet but we chose to arrive as the 50 or so Mother's Day diners chose to depart.
          That evening, we dined in style eating some delicious locally caught dressed crab washed down with some sauvignon blanc and a pint or two of Otter ale with Margot exhausted by all the walks and asleep at our feet.
          Admittedly the hotel bed was bigger and the shower more powerful but it was no more cosy than the R30 and truth be told we wished we'd spent all three nights in the van.
          We spotted a few Romahomes in the distance and waved at a couple in a '51' plate Bedford Rascal demountable Romahome on the way home on Monday. Several Autosleeper owners even waved at us!!
          Overall a great success.

Comment

yippee! So its a second mortgage and a R30?
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Sounds like great fun Andrew, welcome to our world, you will be hooked now and waiting for your next trip and the freedom you can enjoy using these great vans.
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X