This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas locker R20

What that dimensions is it? I have some small propane cylinders that I used with my trailer tent..... 3.7Kg ish or 4.2 ish spring to mind. Calor ones.

Will these fit?

Do any of the new 'light' cylinders fit?

thanks

Hi.

The 3.7 propane and 4.2 butane cylinders are the same size whoever the supplier in the UK and we use the propane one in our Outlook which is the same as your R20. They are a bit of a tight fit but do go in. We use propane because we camp in winter.

Peter

Comment

I have one cylinder eacy of butane and propane.

Will run the propane can easily exchange the butane for a propane via calor. Do you carry a spare in the main vehicle? running out of gas I can see is going to be a real pain in the neck.

Comment

Yes we do but no we shouldn't.

Because we have the Eberspacher heater with hot water the locker on the drivers side is full of hot water cylinder and other associated paraphenalia..

We carry a spare cylinder inside in the locker next to the water tank. - Problem - it is too tall. I make sure that my cylinders are exchanged for ones that have the guard round the tap bolted on. I modified one of the guards by reducing its height whilst retaining the profile. This is fitted to the cylinder that goes in the locker and I swap it onto the empty cylinder to put back in the locker. We only ever exchange cylinders when at home and as we actually have 3 I can make sure that the cylinder that I exchange has the full height guard. We used to carry a camping gaz 907 as a spare when in Europe but as we can only go for shorter periods at the moment 1 full and 1 part full are enough. I wish there was a european equivalent to this size of calor cylinder. (When we had our caravan we bought a French twinny cylinder and used 1 calor and 1 twinny.)

Comment

Peter thanks for the reply but a little confused. Are you saying you cannot close the seat when you have put in the gas cylinder??? What is the guard thingy..... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sorry if I am being thick

Comment

At the top of the bottle where the valve is, there is a curved piece of metal to protect it. (on some bottles it is welded on and others bolted. It stands proud of the top of the valve). With this guard on the bottle is too tall to go in a locker. Our bottles all have bolt on guards. I have made one guard slightly shorter (but still higher than the valve) so that it fits in the locker. It is only about 0.3 inches. Hope this is clearer

Comment

Do you switch it between cylinders then between cylinders when you exchange them Peter.... are they okay about that?

Comment

Yes but no one at our gas supplier seams to bother because it only bolts on. The bottle that i exchange always has the full height guard, the only thing that they should notice is a bit of paint missing from the nuts and bolts

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X