This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pick up day tomorrow

So tomorrow I catch the train to pick up my first motorhome. It is a very peculiar feeling.

The expected reaction is excitment but for some reason it is not like that for me... I am tryig not to think about the money involved. I am going to enjoy the day but excitment is not the word. I do not think it really feels real at all.

Slightly complicated is that I have to get ready for an interview in the next few weeks suddenly and so I am not going to be able to take the R20 out until the interview is over.

Take it out for an overnighter, that will relax you ready for your interview. Good luck with it.

Comment

Good luck with both the motorhome and the interview, exciting times lie ahead.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

After such a long time waiting for this it's no wonder it feels unreal, have a great day tomorrow, and good luck with the interview

Comment

Pick up day tomorrow

I am so pleased to hear your good news! Do try to have a few night or two away. I actually used to do my assignments in my camper because I was away from distractions at home and it felt less like work and more like a holiday
          Lizzie

Comment

yep me to! When I'm doing paper based stuff for work I often go and park overlooking the sea in the van, laptop battery threatens to run out after about 3hrs which is about the right length of time...... Fewer distractions than at home and you get lots done!!
            Andyvan

PS Sorry to hijack the thread.... hope you enjoy the van,
            Last edited by andyvan; 15-04-2011, 23:12.

Comment

yep me to! When I'm doing paper based stuff for work I often go and park overlooking the sea in the van, laptop battery threatens to run out after about 3hrs which is about the right length of time...... Fewer distractions than at home and you get lots done!!
              Andyvan

PS ..... Do enjoy the new van!

Comment

Thanks everybody. However I do think I will need the internet for much of the assignment, and the laptop battery is a complete joke! Well it is going to be a fun day today, am going to concentrate on enjoying it.
                Last edited by Tentpeg; 16-04-2011, 07:04.

Comment

Enjoy the day and your new van

Hi Tentpeg,

good luck with your pick up .. hope it all goes really well for you .. if you do nothing else drive to the coast or a park and make a cup of tea in the back .. (I did that the first day I had mine) . It is a great feeling ...

p.s. good luck with the job interview too
                  I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
                  http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

Well, I hope both picking up new van and interview go well. I echo other comments here: have a night away if you want one, it won't stall your preparation. I get twitchy if I don't have a regular fix of staying in the van!

Comment

Sitting here with a cup of tea, STILL IN BED, thinking of the day ahead and how to carry stuff for the camper on the train realistically.... What to take as well, kettle I thought and stuff for brewing tea.

Rung the bank to check the money is there for Ant or he would not be a very happy bunny! Booked a train, had offers to drive me up but people are busy best to only bother people when you need to.....

After 5+ years it is happening.... I know when I sat in Lizzie's roma I started to get excited but now it just does not seem real....... Just feel very strange. I am going to relax and enjoy it as I suspect this is a day I am going to remember for a long time.

Comment

Minimouse how is your camper? Has everything gone okay?

Comment

Tentpeg,
                          I'm feeling excited for you! I had wanted a van for years too, five years on, I'm still very pleased with myself. I use mine as my everyday car, and the novelty is still there for me. Have a really good day, and many more ahead.
                          Aileen.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X