D20 still manufactured?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D20 still manufactured?

Out of interest, is the D20 still being made by Romahome? I note that the base vehicle is no longer imported into England. GeeCee
    Last edited by GeeCee; 12-09-2017, 11:43 PM.

Hi GeeCee,

Romahome are no longer listing the D20 in their model range on their website. http://www.romahome.com/model-range/

Shame really, as although it didn't suit me, it was a bold venture returning to their roots and I hoped it would take off.

I saw a prototype at the NEC a few years ago and I thought it was grand. At the time I thought it was also a little expensive, but having been to the NEC numerous times since and seen the price of campers/motorhomes, I now reserve judgement on that matter. Also a demountable from a mainstream manufacturer in the UK is unique, I think and it was was trying to create a niche market.

The demise of DFSK in the UK was probably the last nail in its coffin.

I wonder if anyone from 'Romahome' as is can comment further here?

Panda
    These broken wings are gonna leave me here to stand my ground........

Comment

I agree a shame if it is not still being produced I do not think the demise of DFSK should be a problem, because, HEY PRESTO said the Chinese conjourer The almost identical DFM with double cab is on the market! http://www.knightcottmotors.co.uk/

If I had the money (a quick prayer to the gods of the lottery ) I too would be looking at the D20. I think Romahome / WeCoverLeisure - (whatever the present incarnation is) are missing a trick - there is a market for universal demountables to fit the double cab and single cab one tonne pickups - Nissan, Ford, Toyota and Defenders. They have the knowledge to produce demountables and still have a good name.
      Jon
      Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori

Comment

Originally posted by kernowjon View Post
        I agree a shame if it is not still being produced I do not think the demise of DFSK should be a problem, because, HEY PRESTO said the Chinese conjourer The almost identical DFM with double cab is on the market! http://www.knightcottmotors.co.uk/

If I had the money (a quick prayer to the gods of the lottery ) I too would be looking at the D20. I think Romahome / WeCoverLeisure - (whatever the present incarnation is) are missing a trick - there is a market for universal demountables to fit the double cab and single cab one tonne pickups - Nissan, Ford, Toyota and Defenders. They have the knowledge to produce demountables and still have a good name.
        Jon
        I think this may just be selling off left over stock as the Loadhopper has now ceased production in China and been replaced by a range of new vans and pickups.

DFM and DFSK are the same company - Dong Feng Motor Corporation - one of the largest Chinese manufacturers and part owners of the PSA Peugeot Citroen Group. The new vans are coming to the UK through the same importer that brings in Ssangyong 4x4s, to be sold through existing Ssangyong dealers but when this will happen is uncertain. it seems they will be badged as DFM now rather than DFSK.

I think you are right about Romahome, they should be targeting the demountable market based on the bigger crew cab pickups. This class of vehicle is the fastest growing in Europe, all the major manufacturers are falling over themselves to introduce a big pick up to their range. Already this year we have seen Fiat launch the Fullback - a badge engineered version of the Mitsuibishi L200 as well as new versions of the Nissan Navara and Toyota Hilux. The next few months will see the launch of the Mercedes X Class and the Renault Alaskan - both of which are based on the new Nissan Navara. No doubt others will follow shortly.
        Last edited by Rob B; 13-09-2017, 12:13 PM.
        Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X