Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berlingo Romahome Model Types

Hi all,

I've been chatting in another thread and I've suddenly realised, that I do not know my Berlingo Romahome model types. I know about Hylos and Hytops, but its versions of Berlingo Romahome I don't recognise. I've heard mention of the Duo, But I don't really know what makes a Duo different from a standard older Berlingo. Or was there a standard Berlingo Romahome?

So so if you have a Berlingo Romahome, would you reply here and let us know what year it is and what model it is? It might help anyone looking to buy a Berlingo.

I think I've made sense....

Panda
    These broken wings are gonna leave me here to stand my ground........

There is a history of romahomes on the main site here

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/romahome-history.html

Comment

Originally posted by JazziJ View Post
      There is a history of romahomes on the main site here

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/romahome-history.html
      Hi JazziJ,

Well this is fabulous! Exactly the information meself and the other poster were after. You are a little angel!

Bu the question remains why hadn't I spotted this before? I'm hopeless sometimes!

Panda
      Last edited by Pandabloke; 13-09-2017, 10:18 AM. Reason: Complete failure to spell 'exactly' and 'hopeless' correctly, the first time round.....
      These broken wings are gonna leave me here to stand my ground........

Comment

Ah yes !! thanks for this Panda , I actually spotted it and read it just after I posted that last question to you ! It's helped a lot. I feel a little clearer as to what I'm after now!!

Comment

The page isn't quite up to date. Sometime, probably around 2005 the Outlook for renamed to the R20 (to align with the expanding model range of R10, R25 and R30), again available as Hytop and Hylo. Also available as a standard bench seat on both sides configuration or for a little extra the Pullman configuration where the passenger side has forward and rear facing seats (full seat belt and lap belt respectively) rather than a long bench seat. But the Pullman comes with GRP panel to fill in the footwell and support the seat back from the rear-facing seat, turning it into a standard bench configuration. This is essential as it is required if a double bed is to be set up. In fact the Pullman allows for the standard 2 single beds or a large double and additionally a U-shaped bed (which is our current preference).

I suspect that apart from rebranding and possibly minor cosmetic changes the pre-2010 R20's were exactly the same as their Outlook predecessor.

In 2010 another version of R20 (again both hi and lo) was built in the new Berlingo chassis. This van is slightly wider than the original, had a wide rear door but fussier bed cushion attachment because of the new chassis's higher wheel arch.

BrianTheSnail is one of the very last R20's on the original Berlingo chassis. In fact we were offered a choice but preferred the simplicity of the older chassis's bed cushion arrangement.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandabloke View Post

Bu the question remains why hadn't I spotted this before? I'm hopeless sometime.
            Tut, tut! We go to all the trouble of creating the website full of useful information and you don't look at it. Naughty Panda.

Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

You can also help the forum by shopping online at Amazon using this link

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X