New or used window

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New or used window

Had my van broken into and need a side window for my 2003 outlook. Any ideas on where I can get (preferably a used one) please. It’s the window on the van not the cab. Thanks Arl

Oh I'm sorry to hear this, Arl.
    I'm not sure how to find a used window for a 2003 outlook, but I know there is a place that makes them from scratch, but they are not cheap... if your insurance is going to pay out, it would be a good idea to get a quote from Eeco, who made one for me. Beware and sit down before you read their quote! I had to have a caravan window replaced and it was around £400.. but it was worth the money and it's a lovely window. They made it from a mold from my old window, so if you are going to go down this route, save what you can of the window for them to use as a pattern.

http://eeco-ltd.co.uk/

Another alternative is to keep looking on Ebay, but first ask Ant on here (he has his own section on the forum) which would be the best fit.

Hopefully someone will be along who knows of any other way to get the window replaced.

Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Thanks jay jay unfortunately I have no insurance on the van.As I intended to sell the van after Christmas I didn’t bother to renew the policy. It’s been on a private secure car park for the last few months with no issues, I go a couple of times a week and drive it round the car park for 10 mins. I think it was just kids as there was no way of getting the van out of the car park without a fob. I’m hoping to find someone who’s breaking one otherwise it will have to be a new one. Thanks anyway. Arl

Comment

I honestly do not think anyone would be breaking a 2003 Romahome.
        Is it the square one or the shaped one.
        Square one look on ebay.
        Shaped one I'd ask Ant first - if anyone has one he will have it! Failing that I would contact Romahome the number is on the site.
        Jon
        Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori

Comment

Its the square (well rectangle) one. Thanks Jon

Comment

Arl - In that case a simple search of ebay including the size in mm. Is it a Seitz?
            Jon
            Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori

Comment

I’ll do that now Jon thanks for the info. Arl

Comment

Arl, make a template and tout around the caravan breakers, Google the Caravan Centre, Blaenavon. Whilst they may not have have one for a Romahome, the template may match something else.

Comment

Good idea, Thanks Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Arl View Post
                    Had my van broken into and need a side window for my 2003 outlook. Any ideas on where I can get (preferably a used one) please. It’s the window on the van not the cab. Thanks Arl
                    try here, http://www.leisurespares.co.uk/stock/Seitz/windows/ i think its a seitz window on your outlook, take a few measurments and you will get a window, won't be cheap.

Comment

Just noticed on my Outlook Duo window that there is a Seitz sticker with a part no to help ordering a replacement.

Comment

Thanks jimbanks and jondxxx

Comment

UPDATE. After searching the internet for a replacement (everywhere I looked they seemed to have every size but mine and prices were all around the £450 mark,) I found a firm in ITALY called CAMPERBROSHOP got a new glazed unit for £195 +£20 postage. They got it to me in just 4 days and it took me 30 minutes to fit. Thanks to everyone who tried to help and a Merry Christmas to you all

Comment

Thanks for letting us know, Arl. That info might be useful for someone else. I'm glad you managed to fit the new one without any problems, and good luck with the sale! (We have a Campervan Sales section on here which gets very good results - just message Graham and Pauleen for details!).

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X