This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naming the Van

Well the R20 is just an awful name... so it has to be christened and this is proving problematic..... Suggestions so far.....

Winne (on the grounds it is rather smaller than a Winnebago but it has pretensions)

l'escargot (My evil brother because I am slow.... or rather I obey speed limits!!!)

Mr Snowy or Mr Whippy..... (Another one of my wicked family members on the grounds it looks like an 'ice cream van'........ )

Peregrin .... (From my wacky daughter who is studying ancient greek and tells me it is the Latin for Traveller or Wanderer... and also happens to be a rather nice falcon)

Jury still out other suggestions welcome.... cheers

Vanessa?.....

Comment

R2d2 r20 2 berth R2D2
      Last edited by AGING HIPPY; 23-04-2011, 12:10. Reason: Took caps off

Comment

Mine is "Tin Tent 2" - I though it was quite clever at the time because it is more or less a tent made out of tin on wheels.

Then I saw somewhere (possibly here) "tin tent tuggers" or similar - referring to caravan owners!

Dave
        SteamyDave http://www.steamydave.co.uk/campervan
        "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Comment

We call ours Essie, short for Escargot It's not to do with slowness for us, more to do with carrying your home with you. 'Winkle' would probably have the same meaning, but lack the sophistication! However friend's son at the age of 2-3 had another meaning more to do with his personal attributes, and was very curious to know who else had a winkle, his rendition of 'winkle, winkle little star' rather left me wondering, and I would hate to confuse him even further ( He is 22 now, and hopefully has clarified the matter in his own mind)

Comment

Been there before with this.

Our C15 was called Rodney

Our Outlook is called Rosie

Years ago we had one based on aJiffy pickup truck and it was called Jeffrey

Comment

My C15 is called Mfwanwy - or M'van for short.

Comment

As we have a connection with the Romans, (Colchester) and our numberplate was J236CSR, we thought J for julius CSR , short for Ceasar.
                Have a look at your numberplate & see if it gives you an idea.
                Our present Romahome , a Duo has EDL & previous owner called it Essex diddy Lady, we just call it Ed.

Comment

Still trying to name my R20 I came up with JJ(because I have a Sister called Jane and my dog is called Jimmy, my husband added Sardine, the whole of the family are now involved thinking up names, letters etc watch this space.:so happy:

Comment

You're right Peter, we have been here before, and I think I was the one who asked for a sub heading for names on the old site because I'm fascinated by them - sad I know! Mine's called Rhonda. We've had Bilbo, Sooty and all sorts of other names.

DJ Sooz

Comment

My little Roma was called Daisy, for no other reason than that I found myself shouting 'Come on Daisy, come on Daisy' to urge her to the top of hills whilst slowing down to a very embarrassing 5mph. Well, she was very old!

My caravan is laughingly called The Chicken Shed as that's about the size of it. It's made by Kip caravans in Holland, and Kip in Dutch translates to Chicken in english!

Most of the time, it's called The Van. And the car is called The Car. Having a mother who seems to have lost it and gives every contraption a name, including the lawn mower and food mixer, I try not to do the same!!

Comment

Hi there

We were going to call ours 'Isla', short for Isla Wight! but when we went to collect her, we saw the reg number was AAN, so she became Annie Van.
                        :sunshine:

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
                          Been there before with this.

Our C15 was called Rodney

Our Outlook is called Rosie

Years ago we had one based on aJiffy pickup truck and it was called Jeffrey
                          Mine is called Rodney, as the children thought it resembled Del Boys Van?
                          Nothing new under the sun eh, Peter......................

Comment

All brilliant names everybody but obviously these names are taken. I cannot bring myself to say..... I am going inthe R20! Will think on....

Comment

Hi Jenny.
                              Your van answers to "Ceemo" at least it did while it was here! all ourv vans are named by the reg number.
                              Ant

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X