This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C15 motorhome or car

when booking a cross channel would a C15 Romahome be classed as a car or motorhome.

Hi - can't say about the channel ferries, but my little demountable Roma cost the same as a car on the CalMac ferries in Scotland. It's no longer or wider than a car and you pay for the length/width/height on ferries. However you still need to book it in as a small campervan and make sure you know the length and width when booking. In your case, you might need to give them the total length of your kiyak (sp?) as well I would think, as it sticks out over the Roma body.

Hope someone can come along and say more about the channel ferries later.
    Last edited by jayjay; 26-04-2011, 11:10.

Comment

I think you'll have to pay a height supplement Nigel, but there were some good deals on Norfolkline (as was) and Seafrance when I last looked particularly at daft o'clock in the morning midweek! Which is perhaps the advantage of our vans (having a kip pre/post sailing)
      Also try a trial online booking with and without any club discount code as sometimes they are not cheaper!
      Happy trails
      Andyvan

Comment

Put it in a Motorhome, we have never noticed any increase in cost but we were once measured for height at the check in to make sure that we were as booked. (This was on a Condor catamaran where space is tight and they turned people with caravans and bikes on the roof unless they could put the bikes inside the van. Presumably they had booked for the height of the caravan)

Comment

Yes, I think it would be wise to get a qoute as a motorhome and I did that just now. P&O Ferries are looking for £50 for Dover to Calais. Height with kayak 2.5metres and length 5.5metres.

I'm going to Calais on Sat ish

Comment

Originally posted by riosromahome View Post
            Yes, I think it would be wise to get a qoute as a motorhome and I did that just now. P&O Ferries are looking for £50 for Dover to Calais. Height with kayak 2.5metres and length 5.5metres.

I'm going to Calais on Sat ish
            I'm surprised you are taking the ferry, why not just go across on the kyak it would be free.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
              I'm surprised you are taking the ferry, why not just go across on the kyak it would be free.
              LOL heeheehehee

Have a good trip RR, don't mind us! I'll look forward to your travelogues from Francais!!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X