As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions, questions & more questions - Duo Plus seats.

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions, questions & more questions - Duo Plus seats.

Hello all. You will be happy to see I'm back!

Before I put my Duo Plus rear seats up for sale, and to keep the advert accurate, can some kind body please inform me if these seats are a direct fit into a Duo (non plus), i.e. are the bolt holes in the floor? Might fit other Roma's???
    Tony.

Originally posted by alive23512 View Post
    Hello all. You will be happy to see I'm back!

Before I put my Duo Plus rear seats up for sale, and to keep the advert accurate, can some kind body please inform me if these seats are a direct fit into a Duo (non plus), i.e. are the bolt holes in the floor? Might fit other Roma's???
    Tony.
    Hi Tony

I think I am right in saying that the seats won't fit into an ordinary Romahome it has to be a Duo Plus as the bolt holes won't be in another van. We did have a Duo which was originally designed to be a Plus but someone changed their minds and it ended up without the seats but the ordinary Duo doesn't have them. Unless anyone knows different of course.

P.S. Feel free to post an advert in our "for sale" section it's completely free to private advertisers. You never know someone might be searching the web and find it.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I've just had another thought, you wouldn't have rear seat belts in ordinary Duo, so they would have to be fitted as well.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thank you Graham for coming to my rescue yet again.

Yes, the seats do have integral seat belts. This makes me think that they would be ideal for quite a number of applications, not all to do with Romahomes. I hope I receive a fair bit of input to my question because an opportunity will arise next week whereby I can get rid of them for good.

I sold my Transit on eBay last night. Included, for free, in the sale I offered a new flatpacked wardrobe and a folding single bed so they will be going with the tranny. If I get the feeling that the seats will be difficult to sell they can go as well. I cannot move them myself and the tranny buyer is being dropped off here by a relative who travels up my way often, seemingly. The two gents will do the lifting and I will strain myself by holding the door open.
        Many thanks,
        Tony.

Comment

Oh dear, here I go again. I have been searching for the 'For sale' section, as mentioned by Graham further up the thread, and I cannot find it. Can someone point me in the right direction. I am also looking for the 'Technical section' and cannot find that either. Think I have a severe dose of reardooritis.
          Tony

Comment

For sale and technical

If you go to the home page all the different sections are listed there. If you need to go back to the home page at any time, just click on the photo covered header, it'll take you straight there!!
            Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Thank you glenw.
              You have provided me with exactly what I wanted, but felt it was too cheeky to ask for directly. That is, something I could click on to take me directly to the pages I required. Now by checking the subheading I can easily check back and see where I was going wrong. Or, better still, simply bookmark the links you have kindly provided me with and drop them in my Romahome folder.
              After a big think, I doubt if I will put the seats up for sale as I do not think I will be able to shift them as quick as I need to. That way I can at least make some sort of progress inside Rommy while I am waiting for the weather to improve to sort out the back door problem.

If any forum member is reading this thread and wants a pair of very good condition Duo Plus rear seats (or even one) they can have them (or it) free.
              The N/S seat is loose and the O/S is still fixed but I hope to have the bolts out tomorrow if my fingers will stay in working condition.
              Thanks again glenw.
              Tony

Comment

I seem to remember that one airline increased its leg capacity by taking some seats out. The clever bit was to advertise them as unique home furniture - and they sold the lot. Perhaps this is a market you have missed!
                Just kidding.
                Colin

Comment

If you have the room alive23512, wouldn't it be an idea to keep the rear seats? If you sell the romahome on, the new buyers might want them, it could be the difference between getting a sale or not?!?
                  Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Questions about these seats have appeared on various furums (fora?) over the years. They would appear to be very difficult to get hold of (rocking horse manure was one quote). They therefore should be worth keeping to enhance the value of your romahome at a later date or actually be worth money and so I think that you should think long and hard before you get rid. By the way I am sure that you can still use your romahome to camp in with the seats fitted, you just lose a bit of locker space. Ask Ant!!!

Comment

Nag, nag & more nags!!!
                      Thank you for the replies.

The simple truth is I do need the space in the Duo. As much as I can muster.
                      I have no spare space in the house unless something else is thrown out. The seats are also very heavy and would be a major health hazard for me.
                      I am trying my hardest to get rid of stuff, not collect it. For this very reason I would much rather sacrafice dosh for convenience. It is very unlikely that I will ever need to sell the Duo because I will most probably have expired before then. Now, if I thought the seats, or could be convinced, that the seats were worth 200 notes, I sure as heck would keep them and Barney can go!

And, please, no sick comments like - "" Hey Tony you are getting rid of that unwanted wardrobe that was been in your living room for more than 3 years. Why not put the seats there "" !!!!
                      Thanks again guys. I'm hungry and off to fully 'digest' your comments!
                      Regards,
                      Tony and Barney (soon to get thrown out ?).

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X