This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awning for tall demountable

Has anyone found a good awning that will fit nicely on the back of a demountable? Our is taller than some of the others, I believe, because it is mounted on a 2004 Suzuki.
    Getting fed up of looking now!

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
    Has anyone found a good awning that will fit nicely on the back of a demountable? Our is taller than some of the others, I believe, because it is mounted on a 2004 Suzuki.
    Getting fed up of looking now!
    The movelite XL will fit
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Thanks Ian, will look at that. I was just worried that the XL would bury the little Romahome!!

Comment

no,it will be fine,nigel(riosromahome) got one for his C15 hitop.we suggested that in event of bad weather he could reverse completely into it and use it as a garage.hohoho.

Comment

Comment

look at the riversway leisure site in particular the Riviera Mobil 300 £159.95

this should fit and its cheaper than movelite
            Last edited by Ian.C.S; 03-05-2011, 22:40.

Comment

Same with towsure own brand awning, I was in a store a few weeks ago and noticed that their own awning was boxed up and said "by outdoor revolution" on them, the makers of the movelite.
              Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Thank you chaps. I will look into all that!

Comment

We have a demountable on a 53 plate carry and just bought a outdoor persuits porch awning from e-bay about 2 meters long and sticks out about 1.8 meters and will be using it on the SIDE of our romahome.

I will fit awning rails both sides so we have the option of choosing which side to fit it when we are away.

Had a dry run at erecting it and it was easy and it will be even easier when the rails are fitted.

Comment

Hi Donks Dad

Sounds great, but I think we want to stick to having the awning at the back of the van, so it is like an extension. We are still looking!!

Comment

WQe opted for the side vertion as we dont have to go in and out through the awning and cab just use it as stotage or like a conservetory for sitting in

Comment

I like mine over the back as well as, if it's raining, you have a dry area in which to hang coats and change shoes before getting into the van. Especially important with a doggie traipsing in the mud!

It would be good to have all options though! Although I personally would think twice about drilling and fitting awning rails if I still had a Roma simply for the reason that it will be subject to damp, which is the best thing about unaltered romas really. Caravans quite often get damp, and in most cases it's the awning rails that are the culprit. If fitting awning rails, I would seriously consider getting some good glue (gorilla glue is a favourite) and see if you can fix on the rails without drilling into the body of the van. Or just throw the hoody bit on the awning over the van and peg over on the opposite side. This is easy if you attach a couple of tennis balls apparantly, then throw them over.

Dolly - I had (still have) a movelite small - the newer version is the 'Square' - not so big and not small either, just right and it fit the back of my demountable Roma which was on a Bedford Rascal van chassis. so quite high.
                        Last edited by jayjay; 13-05-2011, 09:46.

Comment

JayJay
                          The idea of the tennis ball sounds very good, I'd never heard of that one before. As a solo and ageing camper anything that makes setting up easier is very welcome.
                          Having said that though, I've had my Movelite Square for about a year but never risked putting it up alone. How do others manage bearing in mind that I'm becoming a bit arthritic now.

Comment

Originally posted by Waverley View Post
                            JayJay
                            The idea of the tennis ball sounds very good, I'd never heard of that one before. As a solo and ageing camper anything that makes setting up easier is very welcome.
                            Having said that though, I've had my Movelite Square for about a year but never risked putting it up alone. How do others manage bearing in mind that I'm becoming a bit arthritic now.
                            Hi Waverley! Welcome to the SMH site!

Nice to see someone who is only approx 6 miles away from me here in Alsoggy! I have put mine up alone (I have to wear a back brace as my back is in a poor state) but I do find it a bit difficult. It's much easier, even if you just have someone to push in those corner bits to make the tent stand up. As I usually camp with a friend, or on proper camp sites, me and friend do it together, or I ask the camp site manager if he can help. There's usually always someone nearby who offers help - campers are usually very helpful I'm glad to say!

If I'm camping on my own I sometimes don't bother with the awning at all, and just put up a very easy toilet tent.

Comment

Hi JayJay
                              Thanks for that, I'll look it up. We measured our demountable against another, which was on a Rascal (I think), and ours was four whole inches higher! Size matters, you see!
                              :so happy:

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X