This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken window, a warning

Hi! We've all done it. I had a friend looking over and admiring my HyLo. Then, Bang! she walked into the open habitation window. After she had been patched up I hurriedly closed that window and there was a terrible cracking noise. I had not noticed the window glass had been jarred ½ inch towards the rear, enough for the glass to overlap the rubber surround at the hinge where the leverage cracked the window. That is the bad news. The good news is that Romahome are going to bring another glass to Lickhill and fit it for me. (Couldn't have happened at a better time, could it?) And it sounds a very reasonable price.
    The motto is to often check the position of the window, especially after head butting it. Graham

I have a neat arrow shaped scar on my forehead from walking into an open window in the same way.
    Fortunately the window was ok,and so was I eventually.
    Its easy done.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• pamsicle
      Romini window stays(sods law)
      by pamsicle
      Received my window stays yesterday and immediately dashed out to put them in the Romini. I was going to put a new one in each window, along with the two...
      15-06-2017, 06:38
    • jayjay
      new window, need spacers!
      by jayjay
      I wondered what the draught was! The new window I had made is a few mm's thinner than the original window, so I need spacers fitting behind the catches...
      06-10-2013, 10:48
    • Sammy
      Desperate for a window!!
      by Sammy
      Hi,

I am searching for a window for my Suzuki Super Carry Romahome, I know they are quite rare but apparently the Citroen C15 window will...
      26-04-2016, 11:43
    • dcurt
      Window
      by dcurt
      Hi ant someone tried to break into my van this morning and broke my back side Window so I need a new one where can I get one from its a 1997 romahome...
      29-07-2016, 05:04
    • jamesadam
      Leaky window
      by jamesadam
      Hi all,

One of the habitation windows in my Romahome c15 hylo is leaking. It looks like the sikaflex that holds the window in place has dried...
      06-09-2018, 16:43

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
    Working...
    X