This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R25 coil spring assisters

We went down to Freebornes in Southampton and had the coil spring assisters fitted,it stops some of the springing and raises the back of the van a littlle. The van does not go down so far when i use the step at the back. I hope this will stop the back of the van being ripped off when you go over ramps in the road. The work was carried out under the warranty a nice surprise no charge.Thanks to VON UK for telling the rest of us about the spring assisters

BRIAN
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mr T; 05-05-2011, 17:33.

Originally posted by Mr T View Post
    We went down to Freebornes in Southampton and had the coil spring assisters fitted,it stops some of the springing and raises the back of the van a littlle. The van does not go down so far when i use the step at the back. I hope this will stop the back of the van being ripped off when you go over ramps in the road. The work was carried out under the warranty a nice surprise no charge.Thanks to YON UK for telling the rest of us about the spring assisters

BRIAN
    Marvellous, well done Brian and well done Freebornes.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Glad you had such a brilliant response from Freeborn:so happy: The spring assisters definitely help with speed bumps, which is just as well, as the council here is speed bump mad, the lowest number of bumps I have to go over EVERY time I go ANYWHERE in the van is 4, mostly it is about 7, and there is simply no way I can avoid them, believe me, I've tried!

Comment

Are the spring assistors fitted as standard now. If so at what point did this start?

Comment

R25. The latest model with the raked back is designed that you should not need the spring assisters (hopefully).There is a lot of weight at the back with the fridge, toilet and gear in the wardrobe,and the coil springs give a lot of bounce Ask Romahome

BRIAN

Comment

Just got the van back from the IOW factory, amongst other things spring assisters added. Made a great difference, especially to the bike rack. We'd like to thank the guys at Romahome, efficient as always, especially Matt and also Tony who picked up and dropped off the van in a 2 day turn around.

Tony Anchorman

Comment

help

Originally posted by anchorman View Post
              Just got the van back from the IOW factory, amongst other things spring assisters added. Made a great difference, especially to the bike rack. We'd like to thank the guys at Romahome, efficient as always, especially Matt and also Tony who picked up and dropped off the van in a 2 day turn around.

Tony Anchorman
              can u tell ose the m.p.g u get out R25 as we R20 think of going up one or looking at the new R20 when we can find out thanks diggdeep

Comment

We are getting over 40 MPG in our R25, doing a fair amount of round town driving. We travel a lot on motorways, doing more than 65 for much of the time. Quite a lot of our camping stuff lives in the van - it's not unladen MPG..

Comment

Diggdeep

Did this one earlier, my post a little down the page.

http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1465

Tony Anchorman

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X