This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demountable Romahomes

Hi I have a 1992 Suzuki Carry pickup imported from Japan. I am located in Canada. I just noticed that Romahomes were readily available in the UK. I think they are a neat idea and would be a cool little addition to my Carry. I was curious how readily available they are over in the UK and what the average price was for a demountable unit or perhaps one with a truck included. It probably would be too costly just to import one demountable unit; however, if I could find a few units to through in a sea container and ship them to Halifax, it might be worth it.

Any insight into the availability and cost of these units would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Originally posted by 1988mustang View Post
    Hi I have a 1992 Suzuki Carry pickup imported from Japan. I am located in Canada. I just noticed that Romahomes were readily available in the UK. I think they are a neat idea and would be a cool little addition to my Carry. I was curious how readily available they are over in the UK and what the average price was for a demountable unit or perhaps one with a truck included. It probably would be too costly just to import one demountable unit; however, if I could find a few units to through in a sea container and ship them to Halifax, it might be worth it.

Any insight into the availability and cost of these units would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Contact Avon Motor Caravans for upto date information
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

I have a 2003 (53 plate) Suzuki Carry 1300 pickup and a Romahome de-mountable for weekends.

This is swapped with a Luton fibreglass pod with rear roller shutter for my work.

Luvly little unit and so easy to Drive & Park with Far more poke (power) than my old Bambi, although to be fair this was only a 998cc.

Comment

Unfortunately here in Canada to import any vehicle it has to be 15 years and older to import. My 1992 Carry is a whopping 660 cc. I'd probably be better off buying a Honda Acty with a demountable romahome. I could keep the romahome for my carry and probably sell the Acty for the price it would cost me to import the whole package to Canada.

Comment

Over here in the UK the Suzuki SUPER CARRY and the Bedford Rascal (an identical Vehicle bar a few points like side light poition) are 998cc.

The newer Suzuki CARRY (from 2000 onwards) is a 1300cc, which makes a BIG differance.

Comment

I think the Honda Acty was (is) around 550cc

Comment

approximately how many hours does it take to demount or re-mount the pod ?

Comment

i have a fibreglass luton pod with a rear roller shutter that fits on my carry for use in my work.

Four bolts that slid in place to hold it on and a plastic trim along the side of the pick-up (fitted to the drop side hinges) cover the gap between the vehicle and the pod.

This is removed by jacking up on four removable romahome type legs a dricing the pick-up out from beneth.

Once off i secure this in place against high wind's by fitting an adjustable strap to each of the leg's (at a 45 degree angle) to a screw in ground anchor's.

The pick up is then reversed under the Romahome camper pod, the four bolts are slid in place and the plastic trim along the side of the pick-up re-fitted.

The first time i did this on my own took around one hour, but the more i do it the quicker i will get. !

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X