ROMAHOME R30 (2008 model) / Security

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROMAHOME R30 (2008 model) / Security

Hi, with no factory alarms I am always worried when away from home when the R30 is locked and parked up. Any suggestions please for an easy to fit and use security lock for either the Steering Wheel or Foot Pedals. Thanks Liz

Hi Liz

We’ve got a 2009 R30 and when we are parked up we put one of these on the steering wheel.

https://amzn.to/2HFmwd8
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Wow graham same lock as I use

Comment

That's the one we have, too! We work on the principle that perhaps a physical deterrent will put off potential thieves. We ALWAYS leave the alarm on, when the van is not being used, as well, and would strongly recommend you have one fitted. These campervans are expensive and very hard to replace if stolen.
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

We’ve also got one of these in case it does get stolen.

Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

snap! Graham.but mine was double the price. looked on t'internet and they differ in steel hardness. as Sue says its only a visible deterrent. sorry bit slow on the tapper. mine is the stoplock.

Comment

Originally posted by doog View Post
              snap! Graham.but mine was double the price. looked on t'internet and they differ in steel hardness. as Sue says its only a visible deterrent. sorry bit slow on the tapper. mine is the stoplock.
              The police were advising to buy a visible, locking device on the news recently. It was a story about how thieves are stealing modern cars using devices that override the electronic key.

Comment

yes Pauline I saw that. thought, right, back to the old Krooklock. hunted around the outskirts of the garage, gave up and sloped off to the shop.must have a couple of steering wheel locks in the garage. if I found one I couldn't find the key! when parked at home I use a Bulldog lock.too bulky to take with us on safari. heck of a job to fit.
                Last edited by doog; 17-04-2018, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Actually, I also bought a wheel clamp for my Hylo. Didn't use it much as it nearly broke my fingers getting the thing on / off. but it made me feel better when leaving my new pride and joy at a festival It is now anguishing sadly in the attic, I think.

Comment

I got a wheel lock once for one of my caravans as the insurance stipulated that it had to have one. I had to take it back to the shop and get a refund 'cos I just wasn't strong enough to fit it it. I changed insurance company instead.

Comment

Easy solution below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLhWzMOccTg

Comment

Originally posted by Howards Citroen View Post
                        Hahaha. I like it!

Comment

Thanks to you all for such quick & positive replies. Think the Amazon steering lock is the one for my R30. Feel settled & will be safer now you have all advised me. Liz

Comment

I use a diskloc

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X