Help! I've been conned!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Georgygirl,
    Understandably, it sounds like you have fallen out of love with your Romahome. You seem to want your money back, which looks like a difficult and time consuming process and a bit of a long shot. Meanwhile you are missing a beautiful" Romahoming" summer.
    I gather that the garage has offered to do all the welding free and presumably to your mechanics satisfaction. You will then end up with what you thought you had bought. Revenge may be sweet but not as sweet as using a Romahome on a beautiful summer weekend.
    Personally, I would go for the free welding option, insisting on a good layer of underseal.
    Please let us know how you got on as others can learn from your experience.

Comment

I think this is good advice. Personally, from the info presented, I don't think there is any legal case here unless I've missed something so, time to move on, accept the repair offered and enjoy the van (or sell it if there's too much negativity towards it).

Comment

I would specify NO UNDERSEAL. It's horrible stuff and the only reason for applying it is to cover up dodgy welding. It's also a swine to remove. It traps moisture against the bare metal and promotes further rot. The modern seam sealer does a much better job but it is to waterproof the seams, not to cover the whole floor with. You are far better with a bare metal finish that you can inspect before painting it with a rust proofer followed by a coat of Waxoyl or similar. The main thing is that you can see exactly what sort of job has been done before accepting it.

Comment

You can definitely get your money back from ebay as missold and they gaurantee money back Fill in the paerwork, it takes a bit of time but worth it. I got misold an ipad - empty box but got my money back

Comment

Originally posted by Vicki View Post
            You can definitely get your money back from ebay as missold and they gaurantee money back Fill in the paerwork, it takes a bit of time but worth it. I got misold an ipad - empty box but got my money back
            It's probably outside the claim period but also, from the facts presented, I can't see that it was misrepresented or that there is actually a case here. Hopefully the OP will update us.

Comment

We had the same thing with our first Romahome. Bought from ebay. Collected from Warminster, drove it home to Essex. M.O.T. was due in the following year but as we had chance to buy our present Romahome Duo we decided to get a new MOT and sell the older Romahome on ebay. When we took it for the mot we were shocked to hear that the front headlights were held in with cable ties !!! That was the least of the problems. According to the mot tester, we were lucky not to have had a serious accident. It cost us almost £300 for the work for the mot. It would be interesting to know if the seller was from the same area.

Comment

Originally posted by pendel View Post
                It cost us almost £300 for the work for the mot.
                To be fair I wouldn't bat an eyelid at a £300 bill for MOT repairs at the end of the year for an older vehicle. With my previous van I used to cross my finger and hope it was going to come in at less than £500, sometimes it did and sometimes it didn't. But, if it was nowhere near a full year since the previous test, then it does raise questions.

Away with the Fairies

Comment