As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bicycles and R20Lo

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bicycles and R20Lo

Hi everyone

I've just joined the forum after a few weeks of reading the posts - we're thinking of buying a Romahome and this site has been really informative so thanks already. I now have a question of my own....

Does anyone have experience of taking bicycles on the R20Lo? We always take our bikes on holiday and do loads of cycling but wonder what the practicalities are with a romahome.

Is there a rack that can be fitted or is taking bikes really not a sensible thing to do?

Any advice please?

Anne

Hello Anne

Welcome to the forum, we have a few cyclists on here so hopefully someone might be able to answer your question. Meanwhile glad you are finding the forum useful and good luck in your quest for a van.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I have not carried bikes but prior to buying investigated.

The R20 is not set up to carry bikes and although some people have fitted a bike rack by first fitting a tow bar it has major drawbacks. Because of the long overhang the tow bar is 'long' which means it exerts a lever effect, not good. Also the tow bar is expensive as complicated to fit.

However..... people do manage to carry them inside the vehicle between the seats..... I can imagine organising a fixing system with a bar at the far end would not be that problematic and all you would need is a taurpaulin or suitible covering to protect the seats and away you go....

I do know somebody posted on here that they managed with some careful positioning to carry two bikes this way. The other option is folding bikes.

The R25 has a rather clever bike rack one of the main reasons I was tempted.

Comment

We often take 2 folding bikes in bags, they travel in the gap between the long seats or on the Luton (Ours is a hitop)

Comment

Thanks everyone - that's really helpful. I think our next move will be to have a good look at the different Roma vans and see what we think - the plan is to buy one later this year or early in 2012.

I'm sure I'll be here asking more questions as we get deeper in to this!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X