This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speeding fine

Morning all campers,its been a while since i posted on here, but still love this site& i am still looking for a Roma,but waiting untill the right one comes along,we have bought a static& sited it in Norfolk,anyhow what i did was MY own fault,no one elses & im NOT looking to wriggle out of it, but does any one no how long it takes for a speeding fine to come thro the post? Having had a clean license forfor 40 yrs, i went thro a small village that used to be 40mph, but has now a 30 limit there,i was too busy looking at the potholes in the road to see the 30 sign,& by the time id relised,the dreaded,police camera van was there.I almost waved to him as i was doing 40,which was the limit i thought we were in, then my wife pointed out the new 30 signs,..Pants..its been almost 3 weeks now and the pain of parting with £60 is almost unbearable,ive put my licence in an envelope, in the kitchen in readyness to posting it off for my points, but im STILL waiting, Has anyone else had one from here,& how long does it take?,.. thanks in antisipation for any answers.
    Rob,:thumbsup:

Hi Rob

Perhaps they decided to let you off as you weren't doing much over the limit.

Never had a speeding fine (yet) so can't answer your question, sorry.

If you are looking for a Roma, have a look at our "For Sale" section there are some in there.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks for that Graham, ill have a look, tho i do love to bring old ones back to life& love a challenge!..We were doing 40,& i think you get zapped automaticaly, if your much over 34mph..tho the road was wide open space,with large fields each side, it has been deregulated down to a 30 zone,its old age creeping in i think

Comment

Hi Rob,
        If they do decide to prosecute you for speeding, you will probably be offered the option of taking a 'Speed Awareness' Course. This takes about half a day, costs the same as a speeding fine, but it means no points on your licence and you do not have to inform your insurance co.

But hopefully you will escape completely
        Mary

Comment

Hi there

Thanks for that Mary, yes post man has just been and nothing as yet, 3 weeks tommorow, its not the points that bother me its all that wonga, ill not do the course if it was to be offered,i no i did wrong and also no the ins and outs why we shouldnt speed ect, however yes i no you have to inform your insurance but for a first time s.p. 30 the premuim,doesnt go up.& i wont get another, because i dont usually speed, heres hoping tho...
          Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
          Hi Rob,
          If they do decide to prosecute you for speeding, you will probably be offered the option of taking a 'Speed Awareness' Course. This takes about half a day, costs the same as a speeding fine, but it means no points on your licence and you do not have to inform your insurance co.

But hopefully you will escape completely

Comment

for an infringment such as yours the police may not bother to contact you,if they do they will send a letter saying that the fine can be paid by phone or internet within certain dates after which it will double.you may contest the fine but if you lose the penalty is much higher.
            you may not have to send your licence as the points are recorded on the police system.

goodluck,you wont be the only one.
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Many tthanks for that Ian, i suppose ill just have to wait,& its the waiting which is worse then not knowing, thank you tho,
              Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
              for an infringment such as yours the police may not bother to contact you,if they do they will send a letter saying that the fine can be paid by phone or internet within certain dates after which it will double.you may contest the fine but if you lose the penalty is much higher.
              you may not have to send your licence as the points are recorded on the police system.

goodluck,you wont be the only one.

Comment

Might I suggest a sat nav with speed cams uploaded to it? or perhaps a Road Angel, they just warn you about the speed cams. Might help to avoid the problem cropping up again? Commiserations...

Comment

If I recall I think they have to notify you within 14 days of the offence .. so sounds like you may be lucky ...
                  You could always call the local station or dvla and ask ( you can just enquire for a friend ) ...
                  I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
                  http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

http://www.keepmedriving.com/getting...-speed-camera/

this link may help ... and yes it is 14 days .. :so happy:
                    I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
                    http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

If its your first speeding offence you will get the option of a fine plus points or as Mary said you can do the "course" which costs the same but no points. They will keep changing these speed restrictions to keep you on your toes & of course it brings in revenue !

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                        Might I suggest a sat nav with speed cams uploaded to it? or perhaps a Road Angel, they just warn you about the speed cams. Might help to avoid the problem cropping up again? Commiserations...
                        They may void your insurance if you use them,and strictly they are not lawful to use,but millions do. Its an odd situation.
                        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi minimouse, that was just the link i wanted to see thank you soo much and indeed everyone else, with your valued help, NOT been a speed merchant, i dont foresee it ever happening again,ive managed40years, on the roads constantly without one but with age creeping on i will just have to be MORE careful, and NOT look at the potholes, jay jay i wouldnt no how to use a sat nav i will take the self tappers out of the letter box tonight night ,.. Bob.
                          Originally posted by Minimouse View Post
                          http://www.keepmedriving.com/getting...-speed-camera/

this link may help ... and yes it is 14 days .. :so happy:

Comment

Hi jay jay, im not a speedy chap at all, but a road angel? what that i might put one on my xmas list are they good do they work?:so happy: the road in question was the A16/17 i was on my way to norfolk, which we do twice a week now ...xx take care and nice to hear from you, & hope your enjoying your caravan
                            Originally posted by jayjay View Post

Comment

I have managed for over 55 years without a speeding fine. A lot of the time covering up to 60,000 miles a year driving taxis. But I must tell this story!

In the early hours of a Sunday morning I dropped a fare and radioed "free". The controller (who happened to be my dear wife) answered "Clear. See you at home". Tired, but in a state of euphoric release I completely forgot about a speed camera and the fact that the road was restricted. Until a speed camera flashed with no one else on the road.
                              I duly received a notice of prosecution claiming a speed higher than I knew I was doing. I wrote to the Police and said that while I could not deny speeding I was doing around 10 miles per hour less than stated.
                              I received a return post enclosing the camera record details and two photo's 30 seconds apart clearly showing how far my car had moved. I went out with a tape measure and measured the distance. Curiously the white marking were 1 metre apart - strange. However since 60mph is 88ft/sec. it was easy to work out my speed. Which was actually about 9mph less than stated.
                              I wrote to the Police and told them what I had done. With the figures and said I would go to Court.
                              Never heard another word!
                              Jim.
                              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X