This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wast of time

hi in m.m.m a ade for a 3 day open day at richardbaldwins in west yorks we went down on friday no reps from romahome no one intrested in torking to u they have gone down in my book will look some wae els for next new one [email protected]

Richard Baldwins

I got the same impression a couple of years ago when they tried to tell me driving a 10year old roma was the same as a 1.6hdi new model.
    The only new romahome they had was on ordered for a customer (8 week wait) and they let us look through the back door.
    Do people really spend nearly 30k with a firm that can't have a demo to look at and test!
    Only Ant that seems worthy of dealing with that I have encountered .
    Does anyone know of anyone else?

Comment

We tested the "water" with them before we bought ours. Went with our gut feelings and walked away. We cannot recommend Avon Motor Caravans highly enough.

Geoff.

Comment

Otherside of the coin, we bought from Richard Baldwin 4 years ago and had no problems. They even gave us the same for our C15 as we had paid for it 3 years before.

Peter

Comment

I believe there has been a change in management, and things have improved.

Comment

We were aware of Avon's superb reputation, and have looked in while visiting Sue's brother near Weston. But, when we finally decided we were going to take the plunge, we thought it would be a long way to have to go back if we had any "teething problems".

So we went to RB and have to say we've found them everything we could reasonably have wished for. Friendly, attentive and very helpful.
            Geoff

Comment

After Service

To add to this discussion I would say it's one thing buying a vehicle and paying good money out.
              When it comes to repairs and general after service some dealers and this is for car/motorhomes in general treat you as a pain and don't want to know.
              You can try a Romahome out anywere but would you be happy with how they look after you once cash has changed hands, some can't even be bothered when you have the money in your pocket and you are looking to buy.
              So what chance later!

Comment

Waste of time

Buying a motorhome is a very expensive business. Most people take a serious amount of time researching various vehicles and layouts before finally making a decision. I think the best place to do this is at the big motorhome shows where you can usually see and compare the latest models. Choosing a dealer to buy from is another matter. This would probably involve looking at distance from a convenience point of view if there were any problems. I believe however that the most important guide is recommendations from other motorhomers because in some ways the purchase is the easy bit - the after sales service is where problems often seem to arise.

Very fortunately for me I live fairly close to - IMHO - the best Romahome dealer.

Lizzie

Comment

buying

Originally posted by peterfowden View Post
                  To add to this discussion I would say it's one thing buying a vehicle and paying good money out.
                  When it comes to repairs and general after service some dealers and this is for car/motorhomes in general treat you as a pain and don't want to know.
                  You can try a Romahome out anywere but would you be happy with how they look after you once cash has changed hands, some can't even be bothered when you have the money in your pocket and you are looking to buy.
                  So what chance later!
                  they do not whot u to have cash money as they do not get a back hander of fince comp diggdeep

Comment

We paid cash and got a more than generous trade in price

Peter

Comment

buying new

We also got a very good trade in price and good deal on a new one with no finance.

Don't know where you get the impression they want credit deals.
                      Surely business is business.

Comment

I am lucky I live in Gloucester and first met Ant in Bristol if I have any problems he always sorts them out, I can recommend him to anyone, afterall in my opinion its the after service that counts.

Comment

I would like to say what good service I have had from the Romahome centre in Southampton from unbiased advice from the sales staff(Neville I think. I was trying to sell a HYLO for the first owner but ended up buying it) to the excellent work done by the bodywork shop(Janet,Steve and Martin who gave me plenty of Romahome info) I had four vists there mostly down to the first owner and was really impressed with the results.
                          Joe :so happy:
                          If you feel life is uncertain always eat your pudding first!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X