As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP R20 vers R25

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP R20 vers R25

hi we have a r20 how think of going for R25 good and bab points if u do not mind the only bad one with R20 is room to move round at night eny help to [email protected] or reply by site thank tom denise

We moved from an R20 hylo, to an R25.

R20 good points:

Goes under 6'6 barrier
    Easy to reach roof for cleaning, only need a step/stool
    Fuel economy, I got around 45-48 mpg
    Great as a sole car
    Lots of nooks and crannies to store stuff
    Roof lifts pretty well effortlessly (it is a Hylo)
    Easy to drive, just like a car
    Useful cupboard space including wardrobe ( if you don't have the loo option)
    Bed make up relatively easy

R20 points against:
    Either no wardrobe or no loo, so either no room to hang clothes apart from hooks behind passenger seats, or one locker taken up by portable loo.
    Hylo no natural light from overhead
    Hylo roof needs to be raised to move comfortably around inside
    When double bed made up, hardly any room for two to manoeuvre around van
    Cooking space limited
    3 pin plug very badly sited, near floor, kettle lead won't reach from there to work surface
    For us awning is a necessity to provide sufficient space and accommodate dog.
    passenger seat uncomfortable for long trips

R25 good points:
    loads of storage
    Overhead lockers mean that you don't have to keep bending to get into cupboards for everything, and lockers can be kept for things you don't need all the time
    Fully adjustable driver's seat, and adjustable passenger seat, both very comfortable, cab itself is bigger, great removable storage between passenger seats
    Webasco water heating system marvellous, really hot water!
    Galley area roomy more space for moving around, 3 pin points sensibly placed at worktop level
    Big heki
    Takes 6.5 propane lite cylinders
    Huge Luton storage area
    Onboard loo is wonderful, we have shower option which is better than you would think
    Built on bigger chassis, Eu compliant
    No split level flooring
    Can sleep in double across width of van if not too tall
    Sufficient space to manage without an awning
    A pleasure to drive

R25 points against:
    Table used to make up double bed is heavy and cumbersome
    Doesn't go under 6'6 barrier
    About 10" longer than R20
    Need a step ladder to reach roof for cleaning
    Less economical, getting around 38-44 Mpg
    Making up single beds and long double requires use of passenger seats, not a problem if you put these seats down when you first park up
    Spare wheel not provided in raked back version (we have non raked back which has a spare wheel)

We have not regretted our change to an R25, for us it is the ideal vehicle, but we do have to accommodate our dog in her crate. I know you are in the North West, Tom, and I'd be happy to meet up with you for you to have a look at ours if you would like. We are off to France next week, but will be around until Saturday. Hope all this helps, and remember I am somewhat biased - I love our R25

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by VonUK View Post
      We moved from an R20 hylo, to an R25.

R20 good points:

Goes under 6'6 barrier
      Easy to reach roof for cleaning, only need a step/stool
      Fuel economy, I got around 45-48 mpg
      Great as a sole car
      Lots of nooks and crannies to store stuff
      Roof lifts pretty well effortlessly (it is a Hylo)
      Easy to drive, just like a car
      Useful cupboard space including wardrobe ( if you don't have the loo option)
      Bed make up relatively easy

R20 points against:
      Either no wardrobe or no loo, so either no room to hang clothes apart from hooks behind passenger seats, or one locker taken up by portable loo.
      Hylo no natural light from overhead
      Hylo roof needs to be raised to move comfortably around inside
      When double bed made up, hardly any room for two to manoeuvre around van
      Cooking space limited
      3 pin plug very badly sited, near floor, kettle lead won't reach from there to work surface
      For us awning is a necessity to provide sufficient space and accommodate dog.
      passenger seat uncomfortable for long trips

R25 good points:
      loads of storage
      Overhead lockers mean that you don't have to keep bending to get into cupboards for everything, and lockers can be kept for things you don't need all the time
      Fully adjustable driver's seat, and adjustable passenger seat, both very comfortable, cab itself is bigger, great removable storage between passenger seats
      Webasco water heating system marvellous, really hot water!
      Galley area roomy more space for moving around, 3 pin points sensibly placed at worktop level
      Big heki
      Takes 6.5 propane lite cylinders
      Huge Luton storage area
      Onboard loo is wonderful, we have shower option which is better than you would think
      Built on bigger chassis, Eu compliant
      No split level flooring
      Can sleep in double across width of van if not too tall
      Sufficient space to manage without an awning
      A pleasure to drive

R25 points against:
      Table used to make up double bed is heavy and cumbersome
      Doesn't go under 6'6 barrier
      About 10" longer than R20
      Need a step ladder to reach roof for cleaning
      Less economical, getting around 38-44 Mpg
      Making up single beds and long double requires use of passenger seats, not a problem if you put these seats down when you first park up
      Spare wheel not provided in raked back version (we have non raked back which has a spare wheel)

We have not regretted our change to an R25, for us it is the ideal vehicle, but we do have to accommodate our dog in her crate. I know you are in the North West, Tom, and I'd be happy to meet up with you for you to have a look at ours if you would like. We are off to France next week, but will be around until Saturday. Hope all this helps, and remember I am somewhat biased - I love our R25
      thanks for your good reply we have r20 now but room on a night for wife shower be nice loo does not mater we north yorks have a nice holiday tom

Comment

R25

We bought the R25 because it had two seats in the back with reel seat belts and it had a inside loo

BRIAN

Comment

Andrew

Just a reminder-both the standard rear and the raked back versions of the
          R25 are supplied from new with a normal spare wheel.
          It stores very neatly on the standard model but with the raked rear the spare has to be stored somewhere internally. You have to decide if you're prepared to leave the spare at home, travel in the hope you won't get a puncture and then rely on the 'goo if you do'.
          Guess it depends on what else you need to take with you in your Romahome, whether there'll be any room left for the spare, how far you're going and for how long.
          All future Romahome designs will definitely incorporate a space for a proper spare wheel-we do listen at the factory!!

Comment

HOORAY!!!!!

Well done Andrew.

A proper spare tyre....

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X