This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!!

Can anybody tell me when the last registration of the c15 was? Did any of them have power steering? thanks
    Last edited by ange2468; 03-01-2010, 11:29.

The last C15's were in abt 2001 I think. The later C15 Romahomes had power steering, !994 springs to mind as a change over, will check later, off out to shops with 'er indoors

Derek
    Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

1994/1995 for power steering
      2001/2002 for conversions but only a few, plenty of vans this age with older romahome shells masquerading as the genuine article. there are 2 or 3 on Ebay at the moment, sellers when challenged say they bought it like that. I would think that if you got the details like VIn or build number Romahome should be able to identify. They are dead against the idea of putting shells on newer vans for safety reasons.

Comment

Thanks for your replies, I think I am going to have a job on my hands finding a decent one!!

Comment

Hello Ange,
          Just don't rush in. Our C15 was a 94 reg, but didn't have power steering. It was still fine to drive and didn't cause me any major problems. When we bought it, it had done around 30,000 miles and still had very low mileage when we sold it 3 years later.
          You're looking at the right time of year, as people often buy for the summer and sell for the winter. When we were selling our C15 we put it up for sale at the beginning of May and it was fairly slow, but by the time we sold it in early June we had loads of interest and quite a few disappointed callers.
          Keep surfing all the sites and getting a good feel for what is out there and it will stand you in good stead.
          Happy hunting,
          Aileen

Comment

Hi, thanks for the advice Aileen. Am not going to rush into buying, just getting loads of good advice at the moment. It's a bit of a minefield though, I dont know how to tell if an old shell has been put on a newer car. It seems you have to be really careful!! Ange

Comment

How can we tell if a C15 Romahome body has been changed

Hi Ange, here is a copy of Ants words of wisdom about identifying body swaps.

Most of the "Cloned" Romahomes are put onto light wt chassis all of these have chassis numbers with the letters PB in them, the heavier chassis has the letters PP in them. Having said that all the earlier Romahomes were built on the light chassis van, rather than the platform cab, so the body of the Romahome did not go all the way down to the rear wheels as there was a part of the original van showing. The last "Original" build Romahome on the cut down van was made in 1989 ( some late registrations were in 1990), at the same time as the full bodied version was made to fit the platform cab chassis so the internal bulkhead was removed behind the cab seats. So if you find a younger than 1991 Romahome with half the van body showing and an internal bulkhead with a chassis number containing the letters PB it has almost certainly got a past history. Also anything younger than 1995 should have power steering as standard upto the last of the original Romahomes in early 2001, Citroen then dropped the power steering. I've seen some half bodied no PAS 52 plated Romahomes that are definately clones.
              Ant
              Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

Hi Derek, thanks. Looks like ebay isn't a good bet then???

Comment

I got mine off a gumtree article. There don't seem to be any on there at the moment but keep an eye on it for a bargain.

http://www.gumtree.com/london/10687_1.html

Comment

I bought mine off ebay for £2,000. It wasn't a C15 though, but a Romahome demountable Bedford Rascal. I didn't care if it was on the right chassis or not at that price and was completely ignorant of the facts surrounding that side anyway! I initially had a lot of trouble with the engine overheating, so it cost a bit more than I had anticipated to put it right.. My local garage changed the thermostat and a few other bits and pieces - and one of the members on here helped a lot too!

On the journey home from Leeds when I bought it, we broke down on Saddleworth Moor in the freezing rain and I remember thinking, 'what have I done?'... but all was fortunately sorted out and I had some brilliant holidays in mine for two years before I sold it again.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X