This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R20 Rear windows - strange design?

The R20 has two rear windows, a larger double glazed one at head height and a smaller single glazed one at waist height. The larger has a built in blind, the smaller requires a small curtain to be velcro'd in place.

Why is the small one single glazed only? Why is it even there? It seems a place to lose heat and a pain to darken with the velcro'd curtain. It would be sensible if the window heights were reversed then the smaller one would be in line with the rear view mirror and give better vision than the double glazed acrylic one.

We've just made a piece from white corrugated plastic (similar to the stuff estate agents' For Sale signs are made of) - this will be velcro'd in place permanently.

Anyone else changed this, anyone going to tell me that having a small single glazed rear porthole is a legal requirement?

Brian

The small window is very handy when reversing, and for seeing what's behind. We didn't have reversing sensors on our R20, and I found the little window helpful. The dog liked it too, as she could see out when she sat by the back door

Comment

We also find the small window handy for reversing. We followed a suggestion posted elsewhere on this forum and fitted a self-adhesive wide-angle lens to the small window (about £8 on ebay). This greatly improves visibility when using the cab mirror and further improves on visibility when parking.

Andrew & Sally

Comment

Interesting. I have reversing sensors but only really use them to jam the anchors on once the beeping gets close to continuous.

I pretty much don't use the rear view mirror and tend to drive/reverse purely on the wing mirrors (and kick Liz out to guide when reversing might be difficult). I'll definitely give it a go changing the rear view angle to point to the lower window and also look into a magnifier for the window.

What would be neat would be a rear view mirror that was vertical rather than horizontal so you could look through both back windows simultaneously.

Brian

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X