As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixing things up in our new R20

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing things up in our new R20

Any of you wise heads out there who can suggest how we might fix up a CO detector and fire blanket without screwing holes in anything?

Any bright ideas would be gratefully welcomed!

Geoff & Sue
    Geoff

Glue and velcro patches?
    I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
    http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

I would buy command hooks for the fire blanket and use the spare stickers for the co2 alarm, good adhesion and easily removed without damaging whatever it's stuck to.

http://www.3m.co.uk/intl/uk/command_strips/hooks.html

Can get them from b&q etc
      Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

c/o

Originally posted by Artoo0 View Post
        Any of you wise heads out there who can suggest how we might fix up a CO detector and fire blanket without screwing holes in anything?

Any bright ideas would be gratefully welcomed!

Geoff & Sue
        does your not have on fixed in over cab it not a doel one

o

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions folks, much appreciated.

There is indeed an alarm over the cab, but the manual only describes it as a "smoke alarm" and later on recommends fitting a CO detector. On the other hand it also still says that the leisure battery and various other electrical bits are under the passenger seat, which they ain't any more! So if that bit's out of date, who knows? Even so, thanks Digdeep for troubling to reply!

We were considering Velcro but were reluctant about the glue, but those command hooks look very promising! A trip to Homebase or B&Q seems required.

Thanks again to all of you.

Geoff
          Geoff

Comment

I had not heard of these 'command hooks' before, but when I was in Asda today they had them at £3.50 a packet or two packs for £4. They had two sizes.
            Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for that Sidick.

Sounds like they're pretty widely distributed then, and now we know what sort of sum we should be paying.
              Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
                I would buy command hooks for the fire blanket and use the spare stickers for the co2 alarm, good adhesion and easily removed without damaging whatever it's stuck to.

Can get them from b&q etc
                Hi Glen

Followed your suggestion, looked at Command Hooks and they've done the job, though not quite in the way expected!

The first impression was that the hook portion was too big for the support holes in the backs of the gadgets, which indeed it is. However after a bit of puzzling - - the hooks don't actually have to stick to the van!
                By fixing one upside-down halfway down the back of each casing, the hook bits now slot snugly over the pelmet.

Here's some pics:-

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sred...xwE&feat=email

Clearly they'll have to be taken down when we're on the move, but we don't intend to cook or sleep while that's happening (OK, one of us may sleep!). That small job has now been added to our pitching and moving-off checklists.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Geoff
                Last edited by Artoo0; 09-06-2011, 20:45. Reason: Add link to photos
                Geoff

Comment

Looked at pictures as I could not quite understand how you meant. Very clever, well done. Now where is the next problem to solve ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sidick View Post
                    ... Now where is the next problem to solve ?
                    None at the moment, but I'm sure there'll be plenty once we start using it!
                    Geoff

Comment

fire blanket

What a great solution - I, too, was wondering how to put the fire blanket up...and now I know
                      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X