This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel

Hello all, just a quick note to say wish me luck. Am off to Switzerland tonight, 0400 ferry (it's cheaper) to visit my children. This is my second C15 Hytop and it will be the first time this one has been over, my old one 1988, did it lots of times summer and winter, but this time should be easier because it has a five speed box and it came from good old Ant! It's a 1993 so virtually new, 100,000 on the clock now so just finishing its running in period
    Ciao, and catch you later!

Have a great time and don't forget to come back and tell us all about.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Return from Switzerland in my Hytop C15.

Hello all, I am back from my visit to see my children and the Romahome ran like a bird. In fact it got better and better as the kilometres passed by, as is often the case. Slept in it for nine nights and it was superb as always, I really enjoy nights in the back of it and it's MUCH cheaper than Swiss hotels of course. There was a lot of interest from truck drivers of various nationalities, this often happens, and I delight in showing them all the facilities that it has in such a small space, they are always amazed at it. This time I used the route through Belgium and the Ardennes into Luxembourg down to Metz and along to Strasbourg, I like to use many different routes because I spent years running around these places as a tour bus driver and later a guide, so it keeps the interest up to see what changes have taken place.
      As soon as I stop my current job and retire I shall be using it much more for trips to Europe, can't stand driving around in our own country, just too many vehicles at any time day or night Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by chowzamma View Post
        As soon as I stop my current job and retire I shall be using it much more for trips to Europe, can't stand driving around in our own country, just too many vehicles at any time day or night Steve.
        Sounds to me like you should be organizing a Small Motorhomes European Tour .....let us know the dates and we will sign up!:so happy:
        Mary

Comment

European Tours

And I have to say vanderella that I really would be qualified to do such a thing, and that is not idle boasting Spent 24 years running around Europe first as a truck driver, then tour bus driver, and then tour guide. These days my job is driving a London Routemaster bus dating from 1961 around Europe where I spend the whole year apart from Xmas and at present when the bus is in Faversham for its annual service and checkover. Next it's a couple of weeks visiting the companies language schools in London, Cambridge, Oxford, Bristol etc. and then off to Norway Sweden Denmark and Finland followed by all the others between Scandinavia and Spain and Italy, it's great!

Comment

Add our names to the list PLEASE

Comment

Originally posted by chowzamma View Post
              ... can't stand driving around in our own country, just too many vehicles at any time day or night Steve.
              You obvously haven't been to the highlands of Scotland... sometimes I've wondered if I've strayed off the motorway or A road up there as there isn't another single car in sight.

Glad you enjoyed your visit, Chowz!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X