X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to look for

Hello,

I am going to look at a couple of Citroen C15 Romahomes and was wondering what to look out for in terms of known problem areas etc. I have read that the bulkhead is prone to rust? Where is the bulkhead situated (not technical at all!)?

The ones I am looking at are a hightop (k reg) and a hylo (l reg) with the extendible roof.

Thanks for you help

Will

Hi there - I am also currently looking for the same and would be grateful to hear any advice that anyone can give.

There are one or two for sale near me with a dealer - but K reg for £7/8K which seems rather overpriced to me.

Donna

Comment

C15's

Hi Will,
      we have just sold our C15 Hytop 89 reg after 4 happy years.
      The Roma backs are great as is proof they still have a variation of the design going now.
      C15's are prone to rust (as are a lot of older motorhomes)
      Don't let this put you off looking for a nice one though.
      We spent about £500 over the 4 yrs we had ours on welding
      Sills (long panel under door to back wheel on older pre 90 models)
      Floor inner sills
      Inner wings behind headlights
      Bulkhead is panel under windscreen under bonnet
      Outer wings are easy enough to replace (just bolt on )
      Mechanically if they are serviced and not thrashed 250, 000mls is easy for these vehicles.
      Parts are very reasonable and they don't have exspensive electronics to sort out.
      Doors are prone to rust mainly at bottom and top near window.
      Very easy to change just 2 pins to tap out and remove door check.
      Harder to find a rust free door though
      Make sure windows wind up and down ok.
      Remember an older C15 Roma will probably have had a lot of the problem area's sorted for the mot.
      They will be cheaper maybe £3000 for a nice clean one.
      Newer C15's will be alot dearer maybe upto £10,000 and sooner or later will probably need tretment in the same area's
      Good luck on your search
      Last edited by peterfowden; 20-06-2011, 18:39. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by will145 View Post
        Hello,

I am going to look at a couple of Citroen C15 Romahomes and was wondering what to look out for in terms of known problem areas etc. I have read that the bulkhead is prone to rust? Where is the bulkhead situated (not technical at all!)?

The ones I am looking at are a hightop (k reg) and a hylo (l reg) with the extendible roof.

Thanks for you help

Will
        Hi Wil,
        I have recently bought a C15 Romahome from Ant and he told me to keep an eye on the front of the bonnet as that area is prone to rust. Hope you find what you're looking for soon.
        Maria

Comment

Ive recently sold my G reg C15, apart from a little bit of rust under the rim of the bonnet it was in good nick, I got £3,500 for it through a dealer. The only complaint I had was that it didnt have power steering
          http://romahomeandaway.blogspot.com/

Comment