As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C15 burgled

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C15 burgled

I went to Marseille for some kayaking and when I returned I found I had been burgled again.

It's fair to say that romahome put cheap plastic windows on the C15s and that's where they werer forced open and 500 euros toal damage.

Does anyone know if it is still possible to buy a replacement right side window.

I come back on saturday

Nigel

romhome

Originally posted by riosromahome View Post
    I went to Marseille for some kayaking and when I returned I found I had been burgled again.

It's fair to say that romahome put cheap plastic windows on the C15s and that's where they werer forced open and 500 euros toal damage.

Does anyone know if it is still possible to buy a replacement right side window.

I come back on saturday

Nigel
    ring romahome tel01983 292451

Comment

is there any way to reinforce romahome windows or to make them burglar proof ? i have an old school detachable romahome and although i love it, i do fear how easily any baddie could gain entry and/or do damage to it

Comment

I'm now back in the country for a while and I will make my Romahome more thief proof and weld in a strong box. What I do will be put up on the site for others to learn from. Detachable bars on the inside off the windows, a good alarm.

I do however feel a bit pee off with Romahome for making such a cheap plasticy camper that can be entered by a teenager with just a simple pull on the windows.

Comment

I'm now back in the country for a while and I will make my Romahome more thief proof and weld in a strong box. What I do will be put up on the site for others to learn from. Detachable bars on the inside off the windows, a good alarm.

I do however feel a bit pee off with Romahome for making such a cheap plasticy camper that can be entered by a teenager with just a simple pull on the windows.
          The windows on my caravan are just the same. I only have one opening one at the front, both side props have broken so at the moment I prop it open with a bit of wood!

The best windows were in my demountable romahome, I think it was a mark 1 body. They were sealed windows and I just had two skylights and the door to open for air. The side windows on my caravan are also sealed. At least you don't walk into those!

Comment

anybody know a metalwork place that can construct some bars to go on the inside of my romahome windows, detachable with a padlock ?

Comment

I am a steel fabricator and often make modifications to Romahomes inc spring assisstors. If I am happy with my new detachable bars then I will sell some here at budget prices.

No need to pay high street prices anymore. I may even make some kind of guillotine system for when these young men stick their heads through.

Comment

I am a steel fabricator and often make modifications to Romahomes inc spring assisstors. If I am happy with my new detachable bars then I will sell some here at budget prices.

No need to pay high street prices anymore. I may even make some kind of guillotine system for when these young men stick their heads through.
                there would be a good market for these if you make them

Comment

When I was looking at Romahomes earlier this year, the seitz-type windows put me off a little, being just the right size and height for someone to break in through. (Not sure whether these are the same as the C15?)

When adapting my van, I made a point of fitting fixed windows then fitted a Fiamma roof vent and solar powered fan. It's the combination I would prefer for security and I can understand your concerns.
                  Last edited by karenw; 27-06-2011, 19:55.

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
                    When I was looking at Romahomes earlier this year, the seitz-type windows put me off a little, being just the right size and height for someone to break in through. (Not sure whether these are the same as the C15?)

When adapting my van, I made a point of fitting fixed windows then fitted a Fiamma roof vent and solar powered fan. It's the combination I would prefer for security and I can understand your concerns.
                    Now there's a thought, Karen! Autoglass replace side windows on caravans and can make them sealed units, I bet they can do the same for the C15 windows as well. A solar powered fan sounds great!

Comment

Think again theives

Here are some pics of my modifications to an old Romahome C15.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                      1 shows the inside window secure point. This spreads the tension on the sah over a greater area and allows the sash to be pulled in tighter. The inner frame mounted anchor point is made from aluminium and is secured down with 2 2” screws. The nut will be replaced with a plastic thumb turn screw. The eyelet is stainless steel attached to a 10mm x 3mm x 125mm steel clamp. One the outside the is a 11mmx 124mm aluminium plate with 2x 20mm coated steel set screws. To gain entry through here will be much more difficult now. I have 3 clamps on each sash and they are fitted in 3 mins per clamp.

The spike next to the clamps are a deterrent to anyone that looks in from the outside, I have 4 on each window frame secured deep down with 60mm screws.

The possibility of gaining access through the cab reduced with some wirework bars that are secured with 7 x “2 pins at the bottom going into a steel strip and at the top there are 3 bolts that hold them in place.

The rear stable door has 2 x deadbolts opened with a spline key from the inside and 1 deadbolt at the top half secured from both sides. On top on the bottom half of the stable door are 3 spikes that should tear away the flesh of the next young man if he panics to get out quick.

The spikes are removable with some pliers and are only put in place at high risk areas such as council estates, Marseille car parks and Liverpool.

I now have an alarm system with 2 sirens 120db external and 180 internal.

I have no idea if it’s legal in the country but one must defend themselves and their property, family etc from the bottom class of people.

Last edited by RRH; 02-07-2011, 17:59.

Comment

I like those clamps very much. A very simple and neat idea which should also be very effective. Well done!

Comment

The sealed windows in our demountable were cracked so we replaced then with the later opening kind, but i removed the adjustable corner screw-locks and stays and have bolted the windows shut with securing plates screwed down. AS there is no access in through the cab the only way the little scroats could get in now is to break a window or come in through the back door, So i am now thinking of fitting a D type handle / lock !

I have made a door to fit the recess between the beds, under the table and this can be locked. I have bolted a steel eye inside this locker and the PC can now be locked through this uing a PC cable-lock.

On our old Bambi I bolted a steel lockable cash box under the bed, so purses, cash or passports could be kept safe.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X