As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bouncing Heki

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bouncing Heki

Our new R20 has the very large Heki and it was most useful during the recent heatwave in our attempt to get some air into the van. H.pwever on the return trip from Dover last night I heard it vibrating and Liz looked back to see it bouncing up and down a bit. I know I tightened it when we left Holland.

I retightened it and the noise stopped but Liz still reckoned it was bouncing about a bit.

In the first case it could purely have been expansion/contraction effects coming from the 30+C of The Netherlands to a colder, damper UK but we've not noticed it moving before (mainly because we've never heard any vibration from it so have never looked). It seems to me I should expect some movement as it is a pretty large hinged flap.

Any thoughts as to how much movement is normal?

Brian

We have the large Heki and there appear to be 2 stages in the way that the mechanism works. It winds down so that it is shut and then the extra turns wind the locking mechanism in. Note that as it is a rooflight for a motorhome there should be a rubber seal. I think there is a diagram on the Dometic web site which could be helpful.

Comment

Thanks Peter - one minor frustration with our R20 is the poor documentation. There was none provided for the Heki 3 plus which we have.

As you say it locks if tightened an extra turn or so after closing. I was wary to apply too many additional turns for fear of stretching the mechanism so hadn't locked it properly. Have now!

For any other owners there is a 2 page PDF instruction manual here [sorry for the long URL]
      http://www.swift-owners-club.com/sup..._rooflight.pdf

Interestingly it notes that in strong sunlight such as we experienced last week the blinds should not be completely closed to avoid overheating of the plastic, might have been useful to have known this earlier but all seems OK. It also suggests talcum powder occasionally to keep the rubber seals in good shape.

Comment

We draw the blind across most of the way and then pull the net across the gap - it seems to work

Peter

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X