This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeborne Weekend

Is anyone going to this weekend on 22nd July?

Originally posted by Flo View Post
    Got the invite but am not going.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Where are you going Ian, have a nice time wherever. Some friends arrived at Moreton site just after we left. They also said how nice it was.

Comment

Where are you going Ian, have a nice time wherever. Some friends arrived at Moreton site just after we left. They also said how nice it was.
        It was super wasnt it! I love the cotswolds,I spent so much of my younger years there.I just dont fancy the Godalming do,no firm plans yet.
        Favorite places in Cotswolds - apart from Moreton,Burfords caravan site is next to the Zoo and Burford is fab,Winchcombe is nice and the C&CC site is close to Sudely Castle,Tewkesbury CC site is beside the Abbey and I love being woken by bells.
        Wonder where we will go next spring!

Comment

We are off to the Folk Dance and singing meet but we may change our minds and head off for The North, will make up our minds depending on weather.

We will be going to Godalming as we had such a great time on their last weekend and we hope to meet up with some old friends from that time.

I also love looking around the vans and getting some ideas. It is not far from us and we are free that weekend.

Comment

Freeborn meet

Tell me more? A meet oganised by the Romahome club, which I have not yet joined, or open to all? Godalming area is beautiful - might be interested in attending, though is a long drive from NW.
            Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
              Tell me more? A meet oganised by the Romahome club, which I have not yet joined, or open to all? Godalming area is beautiful - might be interested in attending, though is a long drive from NW.
              This is not a romaclub meet,it is a meet by invitation to all motorcaravan owners who have bought vans from Freeborn ltd,the "meet" is a weekend camp to invitees at which Freeborn will try to sell you a new van in return for their hospitality.They will have all the latest vans there. The public may go to the viewing,but not the meet.
              Its a sort of tupperware party for Motorhomes/motorcaravans.
              The early Romahomes were unkindly nicknamed the tupperware tents.

Comment

freeborn meet

Ha ha - like the tuppaware tents nickname. Then I guess that, having only very recently taken delivery of my beautiful little r20, they won't expect me to be in the market for another new van just yet! Pity - I went to school near Godalming, many, many, many decades ago!

Comment

On the contrary,you should go,they might just shower you with goodies,as you are a new SATISFIED owner.
                  Why not phone them and ask?wheres my invite?

Comment

Freeborn meet

Ha ha. Like it. Might give young Neville a ring!

Comment

R20

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
                      Ha ha. Like it. Might give young Neville a ring!
                      DO U NO IF THEY ARE HAVEING THE NEW r20 on show

Comment

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
                        DO U NO IF THEY ARE HAVEING THE NEW r20 on show
                        I have no idea,at the Romaclub AGM ealier this year they said the first one would be shown in October, I do not know where.

Comment

Let us know if you are going Nomadsue, they don't put any pressure on you to buy anything, well they certainly did not last time. I don't think they need to.

Their hospitality was wonderful and nothing was too much trouble. The staff enjoyed themselves as much as we did, dancing and eating. I am not sure who else bought from Freeborne or who is going from here, but I expect you will hear from them soon but make sure you get your invite.

Comment

Freeborn

Thanks. Yes, will let you know if I decide to come down. Hmm My calendar is filling up rapidly - soon I will be wondering how I ever found time to go out to work!!

Comment

Flo, are you sure it is like their previous weekend, because the wording on their website reads as follows.

Being held at Tilthams Farm close to the Godalming branch, offering a huge display of new, used and pre-registered motorhomes in a beautiful & relaxing farm environment, on site technical support and minor repairs, BBQ, refreshments and evening entertainment, as well as fantastic offers available on all motorhomes. Please phone for details of local sites if you'd like to stay for the evening entertainment.

Or is your invite different to the one we received ?

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X