This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convenience of a Romahome

Wow am starting to realise just how convenient a Romahome can be! Had to attend a family funeral in Suffolk. Sad but happy celebration as well as he had had a long and happy life. But how easy.........

1. Able to stop for a sleep on the way.... (went after work and exhausted so could grab a quick nap). The fact you do not have to move anything to sleep on the R20 is brilliant.

2. Tea facility was brilliant. Loo onboard godsend. Changing facility just outside the church

3. Decided on the way back too far to drive so motored around to find a campsite and happened on a friendly meet with the caravan club who were happy to let me stay for the night.

ONE mistake water container leaked about a 4 pints of water into the footwell. Spotted within 10 minutes or so but took quite a bit of clearing up and the water seemed to seep from the seams for a while afterwards... Just hope done no damage. Looks okay now.

Convenience

Yes, and, being relatively small, we should be able to get into any carpark.

The next outing for mine will be to Llangollen Festival - as you say, loo and cooking facilities onboard. Then to FATE (Festival at the Edge - a story festival in Matlock). (CORRECTION : MUCH WENLOCK!!!!! )

No more putting up tents in the pouring rain! No more using the dreaded portacabin loos in the middle of the night (always made even worse because you have to balance your torch somewhere... ahem... convenient!)

As an aside, we found we could get ten little pirates (6 year old chn) into the back of mine, it being the pirate's galleon, 15 little pirates into the dragon's cave (2 berth tent), and 30 onto the desert island (tarpauline spead out on the ground.) As one does, you know, when at the end of a teaching career.
    Last edited by NomadSue; 03-07-2011, 09:03.
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
      Then to FATE (Festival at the Edge - a story festival in Matlock).
      Are there two FATEs or shouldn't you be heading for Much Wenlock?

Comment

sat nav needed

Oh yes, duh, you are so right!!! Silly me. will def how to make sure I put the right info into the sat nav - my little KA knows the way there but the van doesn't ...yet! Is a good festival, btw, should you have an interest in stories, music etc.

Comment

FATE is somewhere I've been meaning to go to for years and never quite got round to.

I know the people who run Much More Books in Much Wenlock and I used to be a director of Kaleidascope Theatre who are performing this year, so I ought to make the effort.

Comment

Fate

Maybe see you there, then. I think you may still be able to get tickets.

Look out for a sparklingly new R20, next to a big canvas tent and canvas awning.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X