Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6’3” Roma recommendation

hello
    mt partner and I are looking into getting a small van and wondering which you would recommend as he is 6’3”. We are keen to have a day to day van with more height in the rear cooking area. Would the pop up roof give enough height? Many thanks lou.

Standing in the foot well beside the cooker in my Hi Top Outlook duo at a shade over 6ft my head is brushing the roof if I stand up really straight. Not my normal posture. Can't really comment on the Hi-Lo.
    Sesquipedalianism:-The overusage of long words.

Comment

getting a small van
      and
      he is 6’3”
      are pretty much incompatible statements! There will be two major areas of concern, standing up and sleeping. I'm 5'10" and my R20 (hytop) bed is just long enough for me not to touch the bottom. It would probably go to 6'. Any longer would mean sleeping on a diagonal or with legs bent.

Standing up is probably less of a problem as, apart from cooking, standing time tends to be limited to putting coats on, get ready to and from bed etc. So unless your partner does a lot of cooking then crouching slightly might be OK. My Sister in Law (probably 6'0" and hubby (a good 6'3" probably taller and also quite a large frame) lived for a couple of years on a narrow boat - life was a permanent crouch for them!

Be worth trying a couple of vans and making sure you try the bed. In our R20 the driver and passenger seat slide forward a decent way and the resultant gap can be used to extend the bed length.

Oh, that's a point, I'm 5'10" and the driving position in our R20 is good but I'm not sure there's enough seat adjustment for a much taller person to be really comfortable. Again definitely something that you might want to check.

Comment

We have an R30 (successor to the Outlook), and I doubt that the bed(s) would accommodate anyone over 6ft, especially with the steering wheel in the way on one side.

Comment

I'm 5'9" with a HyLo. When the roof is raised there is ample headroom to stand in the rear footwell on tip-toe while wearing a hat so I'd guess there would be ample standing headroom for you - but only in the rear footwell. That said, I rarely raise my roof and don't find it a problem. Hubby has a Vivaro conversion, is 6'1" and sits to use his hob and sink etc so the lack of headroom isn't an issue for him either.

Comment

I'm 6ft. and 20ish stone! the Mrs is smaller we have no issues sleeping or living in our Nu-Venture Rio Sand

Comment

widgetinstance 226 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X