As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great trip to Isle of Wight

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great trip to Isle of Wight

We've had our Romahome R40 over a year now and a list of niggly problems had built up over that time. A more serious problem with the leisure battery made us decide it was time to get everything fixed so we arranged a trip to the Isle of Wight. Since we live in the Scottish highlands we knew it was going to be a major trip so we thought we'd turn it into a bit of a holiday too. Anyway, the long and short of it was this. We had a wonderful few days on the island, enjoyed some great walking and some superb weather and the guys in the Romahome workshop did a fantastic job. Everything was fixed. We were kept up to date with progress by phone and everyone was friendly and incredibly helpful. Sarah and Dan in the office gave us good advice on camp sites and hotels in the area and Matt from the workshop instilled the kind of confidence in the ability of his time that we didn't worry about what was happening to our camper. So, well done everyone at Romahome Isle of Wight. It was a pleasure to visit you.

I.O.W. Trip

Glad you had a nice trip to the I.O.W. to sort your R40 out.
    Wondered why you felt that it was necessary to go all that way rather than use a local dealer.

Comment

dealers

Originally posted by peterfowden View Post
      Glad you had a nice trip to the I.O.W. to sort your R40 out.
      Wondered why you felt that it was necessary to go all that way rather than use a local dealer.
      we phone how dealer only to be tolled see sales manstill wayting for them to nphone ose so i phone romahome spoke to mate soreted out new part sent out next day dil to os so it pays go to top diggdeep:so happy:

Comment

Hi Peter, I was hoping no-one would ask me that! We've had some problems with the Scottish Romahome dealer in the past (see previous threads) and we decided to combine the factory visit with a bit of a holiday. You can't get much better than the Isle of Wight for such a combination!

Comment

I thought it might be something of the sort.
          At least you've got everthing sorted ok now.
          The I.O.W. is a lovely place to visit.
          Did you tell Romahome of your dealer problems and where they sympathetic ?
          We are going down to Bristol to have our Duo sorted by Ant it's only 150mls each way but worth it for the peace of mind, that everything is being done right.
          Looking forward to visting Cheddar Gorge again and hopefully the Clifton Suspension bridge for the first time. Like you say making a holiday out of having your Roma checked over is the best way
          Next time why not try Ant and take a little off the mileage compared to I.O.W.
          Good luck with the R40 and hope you get some nice holidays in it.
          Peter & Janet

Comment

Yes indeed, Romahome are very aware of the dealership problem. Thanks for the advice re Ant at Bristol. He certainly comes highly recommended, although I can't praise the workshop staff at Isle of Wight highly enough.

Comment

Hi Cameron

So glad you had a successful trip to the Island, both in terms of Romahome's helpful and skillful work (as always!), and that you enjoyed exploring our beautiful countryside here.

Mary, from the IOW.
              :sunshine:

Comment

Beautiful place the I.O.W., but no one mentioned POTHOLES.
                We have some beautiful potholes here in Derbyshire, but they are mostly holes in the Peak District. NOT the roads!
                Jim.
                Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X