This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda Acty /Suzuky . Bedford Romahome MPG

Hi guys I have seen a few Honda Acty Romahomes and a few Bedford Rascal Romahomes. Also a few Bambis, they seem to have a fairly low price for a good condition van.
    My Q is the guy that is add an Honda Acty Romahome right on his MPG of 50 mpg, or is that higher than they will actualy do ???.

You see the main reason we want a small camper is low MPG = MORE TRAVEL LESS COST.
    :confused1:

2ND
    Last edited by Romeaway; 10-01-2010, 20:32.

[QUOTE=Romeaway;2025]Hi guys I have seen a few Honda Acty Romahomes and a few Bedford Rascal Romahomes. Also a few Bambis, they seem to have a fairly low price for a good condition van.
    My Q is the guy that is add an Honda Acty Romahome right on his MPG of 50 mpg, or is that higher than they will actualy do ???.

You see the main reason we want a small camper is low MPG = MORE TRAVEL LESS COST.
    :confused1:

Comment

we had a demountable romahome on a daihatsu hijet 1.3l petrol and we got around the 35mpg mark if thats any help.
      Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

We used to have a C15 Romahome and that did up to 50mpg, not sure about the Honda Acty though.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thank's guys

Thanks guys, I thought that 50 mpg was a bit high .

What is the Daihatsu like apart from the mpg, did you get much bother with it??.

Also thank's for info on c15

Comment

Originally posted by Romeaway View Post
            Thanks guys, I thought that 50 mpg was a bit high .

What is the Daihatsu like apart from the mpg, did you get much bother with it??.

Also thank's for info on c15
            We didn't have that much trouble with the daihatsu although we only owned it for a year. We had 1 flat tyre and a problem with the rear suspension.Oh and a bolt had come loose in the window winding mechanism and the exhaust bushes perished so the exhaust fell off. That sound like a lot of trouble doesn't it!!!??
            The biggest issue is the limited number of daihatsu dealers so getting parts can be a slow process. We needed a radio aerial for it, the aren't fitted as standard and neither is a radio! Our local dealer wasn't overly helpful, the parts manager was off sick and no-one else could order stock. I phoned another dealer 30 miles away who were really helpful, they even posted the aerial to us free of charge.

Ours was yr 2000, 1.3 petrol. I understand that is the most reliable of the daihatsu's. I think they do a 1.0l petrol, which is prone to engine problems and also a deisel.

Hope that is helpful in your search for a perfect small motorhome!!!
            Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Hi - I wouldn't touch a Bambi for the simple reason that they are coach built and not fibreglass and therefore more prone to damp ingress. And most are very very old now.

I had a Bedford Rascal Romahome demountable which, when empty, would do around the 50mpg mark! However, once everything was packed and ready to go the actual mpg was nearer 35-40 I think. Just to clarify, I went to the meet at Kiddlington, Oxfordshire last year and it was 125 miles which I caluclated had cost me approx £12 in petrol! And the same home again, so £24 for a £250 mile trip. I'm not sure if that makes the issue clearer or not! It was a 970cc engine and only did 50mph flat out, that's something else to consider with a small engine, you don't get a lot of speed out of the older ones, mine was a D reg.

I had a lot of trouble at first with mine with overheating, which was sorted out with a new thermostat and a few new pipes. Other than that it was pretty ok. Flew through the last two MOT's. I went to the Outer Hebredes, a journey of over 1000 miles there and back with no probs whatsoever. But slowly.....!

Comment

thanks

Thanks Jay Jay , so not that bad on fuel then, only slow lane travel.
                We had a mk1 trany 4 berth coachbuilt a fewww yrs ago, and that did 25 mpg down hill , over 55 mph and down to 18 mpg.

Let it go on gas at times, but never run right on gas, down to 18 mpg at 50 mph, but cheaper to run on gas cos of cost per ltr.

All we want now being retired is something we can park outside our home and ready to go HideHi's touring. i wish

And quite cheap on fuel so we can stay away longer, we have a small caravan now but have to store it, and that is a pain, as it is 12 miles away before we can start our hols.
                Our car gives 58 mpg to 65 mpg on a run solo and 45 mpg towing.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X