As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

romahome system

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

romahome system

Hello.Right,I bought a Romahme a while ago and have started using it!...Thing is,I'm not au fait with the internals.Got a problem trying to know how thing work.I have a Zig controller and three way fridge etc..Thing is ,when I'm driving can I charge the leisure battery as well as the car battery or is it mutually exclusive?Also.How can you tell if the gas struts are working?How difficult is it to lift the roof?I can manage but don't know if it should be Easy-Peasy?I would be grateful for any feedback...

Help

Hi, ViV
    There are some PDF download manuals on here with details you require,
    Some of the other members could give you the links,
    Enjoy

If you go to the main website you will find the manuals there ViV
    Last edited by chocoholic; 14-07-2011, 21:02. Reason: Found links
    If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

internal workings of romahome

Hi Viv. I'm in the same situation.

I find the roof quite difficult to raise / lower as well. But hope to get better at it with a little more practice.

Still haven't worked out whether the tap for the wastewater tank is now open or closed. I guess the test will be when I have filled up the freshwater tank, used the sytem, and then look to see if the water is dribbling out each time we drain the sink! Unless, of course it is raining hard as is forecast for this w/d. Um...

Re the batteries, I await the answer to that one with bated breath. Am not too confident re the fridge either but we did get it working the last time we went away in the van. I understand it is quite expensive in the amount of gas it needs to run, so will experiment with using the leisure battery for it...if I can!

And the foglight? Um..

I guess we both need to re-read all these instruction bits and pieces, and shamelessly pick the brains of our more experienced new friends on this site. Better still, have to join one of these rallies we read about every now and again.

Will let you know if my skills have improved after this week's festival at Much Wenlock. Meanwhile, have fun trying! :so happy:
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Viv - Your leisure battery and vehicle battery will charge while you are driving and the leisure battery will also charge while you are on electric hook up, don't know about raising the roof, hopefully someone with a hylo will be able to help.

Nomadsue - if it is a 3 way fridge it will run off gas or electric on a campsite and 12 volt while driving but you can't run it on 12 volt on site, it would drain the battery. Incidentally our fridge doesn't use much gas at all.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

fridge etc

Thanks, Graham, for the reminder re the fridge. Now we can enjoy our nicely cooled wine without worry. Ha ha, unless we go for the mulled wine because the night has become so cold. Well, any excuse

There seemed to be SO much to take in when being shown round the van, which, later on will doubtless seem to be blindingly obvious! Now that retirement is just days away, I'll have plenty of time in which to practise. :so happy:
          Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I have gas struts similar to those that open a car boot lid on my pop top caravan. One went kaput and you really could tell that it had, the roof was very heavy! I managed to get two new ones matched and fitted -and it really made a difference to opening the roof. Sometimes with gas struts you can get them re-gassed as well.

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/shop/...rch/gas-struts This is the place I got mine from, they are extremely helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by viv View Post
              How difficult is it to lift the roof?I can manage but don't know if it should be Easy-Peasy?
              If you have the older style, parallel-lifting roof, there is a trick which Ant wrote here a while ago which bears repeating.

Put the roof in the 'up' position, then clean the exposed section of the body and give it a good polish with some car wax.

It can make a very real difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                Viv - Your leisure battery and vehicle battery will charge while you are driving and the leisure battery will also charge while you are on electric hook up, don't know about raising the roof, hopefully someone with a hylo will be able to help.

Nomadsue - if it is a 3 way fridge it will run off gas or electric on a campsite and 12 volt while driving but you can't run it on 12 volt on site, it would drain the battery. Incidentally our fridge doesn't use much gas at all.
                __________________________________________________ ___________
                Hi i am just about to fit a split charge relay in line on our fridge .dont know if they are all the same but we managed to totaly flaten the running battery whilst in france (left it switched on overnight in boulogne ) and it stays active when the ignition is switched off .so i am going to use a voltage censitive relay to isolate the fridge even if the switch is left on (luckily we where on a sloping site and i managed to jury rig a positive feed to the ignition from the domestic battery to excite the alternator ,and bump start the camper )running battery was down to 0.5 volts and domestic was down to 10.3 so there must be a tricle back somewhere ,i will track the blighter down soon (have multimeter will probe )
                HAPPY CAMPING MOS

Comment

thanks from viv

Blimey!..Didn't expect such a torreny of help.Thanks to all for the advice.I'm sure we'll eventually get to a meet with you all.Meantime I'll check the manuals,downloads and so on to sort myself out...Thank you all again..

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X