As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this what it seems?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this what it seems?

OK Guys

I already have another query.

Bearing in mind the comments on my other thread about recognising a rebacked C15 Romahome, is this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-CITRE...item4aad0c6669 the sort of thing you were talking about?

I note that it is described as a Romahome 'type' - although the name Romahome is clearly visible.
    Sheila

Quite right Sheila,
    The Citroen front is too new to be an original 'factory done' Romahome, I think the back body is pre '93 as well as the style of cooker (a vanessa??) is fitted, also from the photos the cupboard under the sink looks non standard...
    As has been said elsewhere on here, it may have been rebodied very well, but to my mind you would definately want to assure yourself about its provenance.
    Happy trails
    Andyvan

Comment

Thanks Andy,
      I'm learning fast!

Sheila

Comment

Another giveaway, if you look at photo 7 you should be able to see through to the cab at floor level. This is a very early shell of the type that does not use the van sides. It probably originated in 1990 or 91. The 2005 van base should have been a chassis cab and so rated at 785Kg or therabouts, being a van it is almost certainly a 600Kg model and the rear suspension would need upgrading with more than after market spring assisters.

Peter

Comment

So not a good buy?

Comment

Still don't know, although I tried to ask a question about it last week on ebay and was ignored.

It is worth remembering that it is a dealer selling it and surely they should be describing it correctly.

Peter

Comment

This one is definitely not what it is advertised as
              Item number: 320733433482

The lights and windows imply that it is not even from a C15 based Hytop. They are usually found on demountable shells. The Luton is not right either and there is an infill between th cab and the Luton.

Peter

Comment

Have contacted the seller with a couple of questions.

Guess what.

No answer!!!

Comment

your thoughts on this one

Hi

this is my first post

thanks for the opportunity

Is this van a Romahome factory-fitted one

ty

Rob

Comment

Hi Rob

It seems genuine, the style of the camper fits the age of the van and it must be one of the early C15 Romahomes.

There is nothing obvious that would put me off except perhaps the price but I am out of touch with prices.

Peter

Comment

I have just read the questions and answers on ebay and some of the info is not accurate.

In 1988 they were not C15 champs, they were C15 van blanc or van rouge and Romahomes of this era were built on a cut down 600kg van, Ant says that it was possible because the camper shells were lighter than the later ones. There were a lot of these made and they are still running so I dont see any problems

Peter

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X