As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look at my new toy!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at my new toy!!!!

I have a 1990 Romahome. Like all Romahomes d'un certain age, it is starting to rot. It passed its MOT without any attention last month, but I was warned that it will probably need welding last year.

So, I bought this, with a view to doing a body transplant. Just picked it up, it's like new!

I have a friend who has done them before, but has anyone on here done this with a Romahome? I don't care about resale value, there is no way I'm selling it, ever. The insurance company is not so bothered so long as I can get it certified by an engineer. And I'm happy for it not to carry the Romahome badge.

But sharing experiences would be good.

That's A Cracker!!!

WoW
    Thats a cracker Chris,
    Dunno about a transplant, But a good solid tree and a stout rope would get the old one off:so happy:
    May be worth considering getting hold of ANT in the tech section for reccomendations of authorized peps
    You could also build yourself a Stealth jobby, leaving it as it is,
    Bargains are around if you look,
    Best of luck with your decision,
    regards
    pete
    If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

I think you've found a great vehicle there complete with a full service history.

I would agree with Pete (above) on the stealth issue and leave it as it is to make a bargain campervan. It's easy to insulate and basically fit out at very low cost and if you need extra space for storage - fit a roofbox on that roof-rack. You have so many options - and as it is glazed to all sides, it should be accepted on all campsite.

Very well done indeed!

Comment

How would you make that into a stealth camper? It's a bit short, isn't it? Some sort of awning, perhaps? Removable front seats?

I must admit, as I have a caravan already, I'm tempted to just tow with it and sell the Romahome. The roofrack would be handy and it has a fitted towbar.

But then, my Romahome is a lot better than anything I could do on a DIY basis, and a caravan is much less convenient. If it's will be a high quality job; the friend who might be doing it is a professional car mechanic and owns a garage. I'd be happy driving anything he'd put his name to. I know it will be at least as much as my van cost to do properly.

Decisions, decisions...

Comment

I'm guessing that it's similar in size to a Kangoo or Berlingo and, if so and if the front seat/s push forward then, with a raised platform 460mm'ish to make the 'bed'/seating this could create a 2m long 'bed'. Another removable unit could house a porta-potti with a 'sink' above fed via a jerrican to the side. Add a slide-out sink-cover and this could form the base for a camping cooker.

If you'd like to see how I arranged my Kangoo - just send a PM and I'll forward the website link.

Comment

Measure twice and cut once

Yer! Wot she says M8 ( my twopence worth):so happy:

Yer can't have both Chris, (Well maybe you can
            If you fit the Roma to your new wagon, You will have a ton of spares to keep ya going for a while,
            Measure twice and cut once my da used to say, To my ideas
            I have confidence in you
            Pete
            If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

Decided to sell my lovely old Romahome. ):

It's no good letting your heart rule your head.

I will use this new C15 for a while, look after it, and if I can find a rotten hitop, I'll buy it and do a transplant.

Comment

Photos here:

https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/32627644/1/c15?h=0e40e7

Taxed and insured today!

Comment

Lovely vehicle, indeedy Chris!

I thought of doing something similar with a ford courier van, one like this, only I would need an automatic! They are a lot harder to find!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1996-FORD-...item2569c1b38c

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X