X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TonyK
    replied
    Hi Graham
    Yes the forum has been no end of help to me, especially with regards to choosing which van was right for me. The C15 lacks power when taking off or climbing hills, but once you get it up to speed it drives almost as well as any other vehicle. On the way home I averaged 50 to 60mph on the motorway which is a comfortable speed for me on any road. But I did occasionally take it up to 70mph when overtaking. Your right though, there is a lot to learn so I am sure I will be coming back to the forum asking a lot more questions in the future, and hopefully after gaining more experience, be of help to others.
    Tony

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    Hi TonyK our first motorhome was a C15 too which started us on a great adventure and was the inspiration to create the Small Motorhome website and forum, when you first start camping in one it’s a learning curve but great fun while you are learning.

You are lucky you’ve got all these wonderful people on here to help, we had no such luxury. Have fun.

Leave a comment:

• TonyK
    replied
    Thanks Peter. I will give that a try too. Only had the van a few days and still learning where everything is and how it all works
    Tony

Leave a comment:

• peterholden
    replied
    You don't have to open the window wide, you just need to open it far enough for the mechanism to release inside the tube. There are a number of places where the mechanism locks so you can have it open at various stages.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• Blackshuck
    replied
    No problem !
    Glad to help - that's what's great about this forum - If you don't know the answer to something , someone else on here will !!!

Leave a comment:

• TonyK
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackshuck View Post
    On my 2004 Berlingo based Outlook Hytop , you have to open the windows right up so they are horizontal to the van before they will close again - they open in several stages & there is a lock stop at each stage until they are fully open
    That was the answer alright, although it did put me in a tricky situation.

Where I was parked the van was up against a fence, so the only way I could open the window wide was by pulling the van out. But if I opened the window all the way out and did not close, I could not have parked the van back where it was.

The obvious answer was to try it out first with the window on the other side of the van, but if I opened that window and it did not close, I was going to be stuck with both windows open.

Still with no visible locking device your answer was the only thing that made sense and I was relieved that it worked, and just before it started to pour down with rain.

So many thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• SandraM
    replied
    Hello TonyK and welcome to the site

Leave a comment:

• Blackshuck
    replied
    On my 2004 Berlingo based Outlook Hytop , you have to open the windows right up so they are horizontal to the van before they will close again - they open in several stages & there is a lock stop at each stage until they are fully open

Leave a comment:

• TonyK
    replied
    Hi Jon
    I have been exploring the Forum for information ever since I decided to get a camper van and joined Small Motor Homes back in Feb.
    I downloaded the Hilo manual several months ago when I first decided I was going to get a Romahome. It does mention a bit about the side windows and there being some sort of locking device, but I have not been able to find any such device on my van.

Leave a comment:

• kernowjon
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyK View Post
    Yesterday I brought my very first camper van, a 2001 Citroen C15 Romahome high top. It came with a drivers handbook but that only covers van not a Romahome pod. Is it possible to get an instructions manual for the pod and all the fittings.

My problem at the moment though is that while a friend was looking at the van she opened one of the side windows and I can't seem to close it again. Can anyone help
    Tony you have not explored the Forum or the Small Motor Home website follow this link and although no manual for a HiTop there is for a HyLo and for fridges etc. Although it says HyLo it appears to cover all models of the C15 - there would appear to be some sort of locking device on the window stay - but maybe some WD along the topedge hinge would be a good idea.
    http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/downloads.html
    Jon
    Last edited by kernowjon; 10-09-2019, 22:29.

Leave a comment:

• TonyK
    started a topic My First Camper Van

My First Camper Van

Yesterday I brought my very first camper van, a 2001 Citroen C15 Romahome high top. It came with a drivers handbook but that only covers van not a Romahome pod. Is it possible to get an instructions manual for the pod and all the fittings.

My problem at the moment though is that while a friend was looking at the van she opened one of the side windows and I can't seem to close it again. Can anyone help