X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

passengers in back of an old romahome

demountable romahome on the back of a diahatsu hijet 1.3
    question :

is there any way of safely carrying passengers in the back ? anybody knows about seatbelts/ seating etc.

thanks

Originally posted by RomaDenizen View Post
    demountable romahome on the back of a diahatsu hijet 1.3
    question :

is there any way of safely carrying passengers in the back ? anybody knows about seatbelts/ seating etc.

thanks
    I have looked at this due to having an old demountable on a honda .. and always gaining passengers when i book to go away ..

what I have done is taken the window between the base vehicle and the demountable out . this means at least that you are not cooking any passengers .. and the once I had a passenger in the back they sat in between the seats on a duvet .. and were asleep within half hour ..

I think the laws on rear passengers depends on how many the log book says you can carry .. and because seat belts are not fitted in the rear they do not need to be belted in so can sit on the benches

hope that helps ..
    I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
    http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

Minimouse is right - you can carry passengers in the back without seat belts if seat belts are not fitted. I did the same and removed the windows betwixt cab and pod - as you can't communicate or let any air into the pod unless it's removed. Very handy at night to 'post' things that are in your way through to the cab!

I fixed a grab handle to one side of mine, so that any passenger in the back at least had something to hang on to! It also came in handy as a tie down anchor for things as well. Set horizontally onto the bit of moulding at the front end where the seats end.

When son + grandson came with me, GS sat in the front with me in the other passenger seat in a seat belt, and son was in the rear!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X