This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washing an R20

Today I broke the rule of a liftime and washed a vehicle! Provided lots of entertainment for the neighbours but I guess I did a fairly good job - now have one whiter than white vehicle again.

My question is: would it survive a trip to the carwash (they use power hoses and do the rest by hand) or is this vehicle-washing skill an artform that I will need to rehearse at regular intervals?
    Carpe diem! :)

Vehicle washing is an art form - I suggest you look on the Detailing World forum. You will find it mind blowing but it is full of good tips on washing and protecting your pride and joy.

Comment

This product is recommended for GRP - it is used on cars and boats

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-yach...polish-marine/

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
        Today I broke the rule of a liftime and washed a vehicle! Provided lots of entertainment for the neighbours but I guess I did a fairly good job - now have one whiter than white vehicle again.

My question is: would it survive a trip to the carwash (they use power hoses and do the rest by hand) or is this vehicle-washing skill an artform that I will need to rehearse at regular intervals?
        I would be very careful with power jet washers on a fibre glass body, those things are so powerful they could (if you get too close) damage the body of the van.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

washing an R20

Thanks, folks, for the advice. The site looks very useful. I guess my physio will be very pleased that I shall continue with this particular form of exercise then.

(Am reminded of the Karate Kid )

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post

Hi Sue,
            My R20 is always washed by the local polish hand wash team,once per month, it gets a power spray and soap and hoovered out,the tyres are blacked to prevent cracking,and they clean the cab and hoover the carpets in the back and polish the plastic windows,inside and out. Takes about 15 mins, 4 chaps and I pay £10.
            Every six months they give it a thorough polish to remove rain marks,mudstains,diesel drip marks,etc etc.this takes about 40 mins,2 chaps working really hard.First it is polished with a slightly abrasive polish,like Teecut,then waxed.The plastic windows are not touched but the black rubber seals are polished with the windows open. Cost £35.
            I have heart disease and I figure this is very good value.
            Oh and they replace the airfreshner each time.
            My R20 looks fab......and smells nice.
            Ian
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

washing R20

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
              Hi Sue,
              My R20 is always washed by the local polish hand wash team,once per month, it gets a power spray and soap and hoovered out,the tyres are blacked to prevent cracking,and they clean the cab and hoover the carpets in the back and polish the plastic windows,inside and out. Takes about 15 mins, 4 chaps and I pay £10.
              Every six months they give it a thorough polish to remove rain marks,mudstains,diesel drip marks,etc etc.this takes about 40 mins,2 chaps working really hard.First it is polished with a slightly abrasive polish,like Teecut,then waxed.The plastic windows are not touched but the black rubber seals are polished with the windows open. Cost £35.
              I have heart disease and I figure this is very good value.
              Oh and they replace the airfreshner each time.
              My R20 looks fab......and smells nice.
              Ian

Sounds great value. Have saved your comment in a word document!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X