Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

insurance c15 hytop 1995

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    insurance c15 hytop 1995

    Hi All
    My second year insurance is due soon, can anyone suggest a good provide please, i had insurance and breakdown cover combined in my first year.

    Thank you in advance for any help.

    #2
    Well Nick I have my hylo and my Berlingo both insured with LV, Liverpool Victoria, who are somehow linked to Britannia Rescue so I think there is some kind of deal or discount on breakdown insurance. (Sorry to be vague! I know I do pay quite a bit for breakdown insurance but that's because I am a breakdown insurance junkie, I have the all singing all dancing package that includes overseas breakdown on the hylo - which I unfortunately had occasion to use just last week - in addition to the self-plus-partner-driving-any-car-in-the-UK package.)

    A lot of people will say Adrian Flux, he has many fans. I used to be one myself but no longer am, they have p'd me and my partner off big time not just once but twice. But mistakes happen and if they give you a good price, what's not to like, give them a go.
    Away with the Fairies

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Voyageuse View Post
      (Sorry to be vague! I know I do pay quite a bit for breakdown insurance but that's because I am a breakdown insurance junkie, I have the all singing all dancing package that includes overseas breakdown on the hylo - which I unfortunately had occasion to use just last week - in addition to the self-plus-partner-driving-any-car-in-the-UK package.)
      I do not think that is being a JUNKIE (as in compulsive or addicted) it is simply taking sensible precautions. By the expense of breakdown tows and repairs - one breakdown in 5 years will cost more than the charges.
      Jon

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by kernowjon View Post

        I do not think that is being a JUNKIE (as in compulsive or addicted) it is simply taking sensible precautions. By the expense of breakdown tows and repairs - one breakdown in 5 years will cost more than the charges.
        Jon
        If I confess that I also in addition have breakdown cover with ADAC, for another 80€ a year, can I still not be classed a junkie?
        Reason being that it's not beyond the realms of possibility that I might break down abroad twice in one trip, and I wouldn't have the brass neck to call Britannia out twice for unrelated incidents in a short space of time. Makes sense to me but my partner thinks I'm off my trolley

        Away with the Fairies

        Comment


          #5
          There's lots of posts & advice on here if you search for "insurance" in the top-right corner of this page. Personally, I use Caravan Guard (as commented in another recent post) - but it's obviously going to depend on your requirements.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Voyageuse View Post
            If I confess that I also in addition have breakdown cover with ADAC, for another 80€ a year, can I still not be classed a junkie?
            Reason being that it's not beyond the realms of possibility that I might break down abroad twice in one trip, and I wouldn't have the brass neck to call Britannia out twice for unrelated incidents in a short space of time. Makes sense to me but my partner thinks I'm off my trolley
            I can understand your logic - although for 80 Euro I think I'd go with the Brass Neck.
            Having said that I do recall the sharp intake of breath at Flux Rescue when they considered a rescue Musselburgh to Helston 543 miles and then the calculation better to get it fixed for me!
            And Flux is meant to cover Europe - imagine Athens to Aberdeen
            Jon

            Comment

            Related Topics

            Collapse

            320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

            Collapse

            728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

            Collapse
            Working...
            X