This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimension

Hi we have been looking at a 2006 Dimension When we came home I realised we had not seen where the table legs were stored
    I have noted on an earlier post that there is underfloor storage where is that please

Alf39

Hi Alf39

First of all welcome to the forum, you will get all the answers you need here from friendly folk.

We have a 2005 dimension and their are two under floor storage areas, a large one which covers the width of the inside of the van is behind the drivers and front passenger seats and finishes before the rear passenger seats, then there is a smaller storage area which is between the rear passenger seats in the middle aisle. In both cases the lids just lift up to reveal the storage area.

When we had our van the table legs were stored in the large under floor area but we now store them behind the sliding wardrobe for ease of access.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Dimension

Hi Graham thank you ------- we did not notice these and nobody mentioned them as it is too far to go back to look and we are to decide tomorrow could you give the sizes of both the underfloor storage spaces is your the 2ltr engine we have a 2.2 Hdi is there much differance in power ? what is the MPG

Many Thanks

Alf39

Comment

Originally posted by alf39 View Post
        Hi Graham thank you ------- we did not notice these and nobody mentioned them as it is too far to go back to look and we are to decide tomorrow could you give the sizes of both the underfloor storage spaces is your the 2ltr engine we have a 2.2 Hdi is there much differance in power ? what is the MPG

Many Thanks

Alf39
        I will measure them tomorrow and post on here, ours is a 2 litre engine and seems powerful enough to me but I haven't driven a 2.2. We get around 32-34mpg on a run and probably around 25-28 around town, stop/start.

Have you seen my video of the dimension http://youtu.be/-uyr3dEJMtk
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Dimension

Hi Graham we have decided to have the Dimension so I will ring to confirm tomorrow a few more questions where is the battery and pump is there room for a second battery have you tried led bulbs in the spotlights

Alf39

Comment

There is a leisure battery and pump in a compartment behind the drivers seat under the window, there is not much room for anything else except a few bits and bobs. Not tried led bulbs but others have in their vans and say they are very good.

I should also have said that the underfloor storage is not very deep so don't expect to put a lot in there, its about 3 or 4 inches deep.

Good luck with the van, we love ours.
            Graham

Comment

I have just measure the underfloor storage and the large one is 53" x 19" x 5" the smaller one is 22" x 19" x 5", hope that helps.
              Graham

Comment

Dimension

Thanks Graham what type of bulb is it in the recessed spotlights do you know the led equivalent I hope there is a handbook with the van

Alf

Comment

We replaced all 7 bulbs at the Shepton Mallet Show from a company called Novaplace, based at Swadlingcote. Cost £50. Makes a heck of a difference when not on hook-up.
                  Dimensions/R30's are brilliant. Bet you can't wait.

Comment

We changed from an Autosleepers Harmony to a dimension and the increase in storage space was amazing...good luck with yours we love ours...

Comment

Originally posted by Sidick View Post
                      We replaced all 7 bulbs at the Shepton Mallet Show from a company called Novaplace, based at Swadlingcote. Cost £50. Makes a heck of a difference when not on hook-up.
                      Dimensions/R30's are brilliant. Bet you can't wait.

Hi Sidick
                      What type of bulbs were in the Dimension and which led type did you replace them with.We collect it Friday

Alf
                      Last edited by alf39; 03-08-2011, 19:53.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisR View Post
                        We changed from an Autosleepers Harmony to a dimension and the increase in storage space was amazing...good luck with yours we love ours...
                        Hi thanks Chris
                        We are downsizing and have got a 2006 Auto-Sleeper Symbol on a 06 plate but the lock on a MWB van means its difficult to get in new drive we had a 2000 SWB Auto-Sleepers Ruby Rambler before and the lock was a lot tighter we were offered a swap at the dealer we bought it from ( Cleveland Motorhomes who are a brill firm to deal with) for a 2006 56 plate Dimension with 10000 miles on it is spotless Fiamma awning and bike rack. We thought it was a lot smaller but the storage space is terrific.
                        We mainly wild camp so I may fit my second battery under the drivers seat that was the reason I have asked about LED bulbs we had them in the Symbol and I did not want to leave holes so left them in. It seems some people cannot live with the brightness of lad's but we found them OK.
                        We normally fill 3 folding 15 litre water containers as well as the tank when we wild camp and siphon into main tank as we need it
                        Graham where do you keep your crockery we had a Auto-Sleeper and they have a dedicated crockery cupboard with a plastic tray to hold the various items in is there one that fits a Dimension
                        Graham where do you keep your crockery we had a Auto-Sleeper and they have a dedicated crockery cupboard with a plastic tray to hold the various items in is there one that fits a Dimension
                        where do you keep your crockery Auto-Sleepers have a dedicated crockery cupboard with a plastic tray to hold the various items in, is there one that fits a Dimension top cupboard

Alf
                        Last edited by alf39; 03-08-2011, 20:14.

Comment

We put our crockery in one of the cupboards above the sink (others may do different), there is no dedicated crockery cupboard unfortunately.
                          Graham

Comment

Originally posted by alf39 View Post
                            Hi thanks Chris
                            where do you keep your crockery Auto-Sleepers have a dedicated crockery cupboard with a plastic tray to hold the various items in, is there one that fits a Dimension top cupboard

Alf
                            I also use a top cupboard over the sink and although the van was purchased secondhand the dealers fitted a plate rack and cup holders for a few pounds. Alternatively, if you are not technically inept like me they can be purchased quite cheaply from any caravan accessory shop and fitted yourself.

A really good idea that was on another thread a few months ago was about folding shelves from Wilkinsons for £1.99 that create a shelf in the overhead lockers.

Congratulations on buying the van I'm sure that you will love it.

Theresa

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                              A really good idea that was on another thread a few months ago was about folding shelves from Wilkinsons for £1.99 that create a shelf in the overhead lockers.
                              Yes, I have done a video of the Wilkinson space savers here http://youtu.be/B-YZx-F6s-0
                              Graham

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X