This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R25 Luton

Do any of you have any bright ideas for keeping the contents of the 'luton' in place whilst travelling?

I used to use three big plastic storage boxes to put stuff in up there. They were only cheap ones from a local shop.

I unscrewed the trim on the outside of the luton, turned it upside down and screwed it back on, which provided an outer 'lip' to stop the boxes from falling or sliding out.

This was on a Romahome demountable pod though, I'm not sure they are the same on an R20/25!

Try not to brake too hard!

Comment

luton

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
      I used to use three big plastic storage boxes to put stuff in up there. They were only cheap ones from a local shop.

I unscrewed the trim on the outside of the luton, turned it upside down and screwed it back on, which provided an outer 'lip' to stop the boxes from falling or sliding out.

This was on a Romahome demountable pod though, I'm not sure they are the same on an R20/25!

Try not to brake too hard!
      as jayjay saes we use 3 boxes on now r20 they stop up o.k diggdeep

Comment

We use some canvas baskets from Go Outdoors, as they have zip up lids. I also removed the legs from the large table as it was too heavy to move easily, bought a smaller, lighter table to use generally, and put the original table top under the seat cushions. This leaves more of the carpet lining of the Luton exposed which is much less slippery.

When we were away for a month I used a blanket to tuck under the things at the front edge of the Luton, and then threw the blanket over the lot and tucked it in at the back. It worked so well I am going to make it a more permanent arrangement by stitching Velcro along one edge of some material and attaching it to Velcro stuck along the inner side of the Luton lip. This also forms a curtain across the cab area if it is left to hang down from the Luton.
        Just for the record, this is what was under the blanket on our trip:
        One man pop up tent, 2 bags with various shoes, bag of dog toys and dog coats, small table, wind break, lightweight rotary washing line, 2 bags of fleeces and overspill from the wardrobe, a bag of craftstuff, washing up bowl, a bag with general camping bits, silver screens, umbrella, rear door caravan curtain! And to think we used to manage in a 2 man Vango Force 10 with a bell end, which we thought was the height of luxury!

Comment

This is what we carry in our R25 Luton
          Two single duvets, six pillows, one seat foot rest, one ten inch tv, four tyre grip mats, one hose lock shower unit, one children’s paddling pool (for shower),one hand air pump for pool, two umbrellas plus walking stick one sun shade umbrella, one royal utility tent .It all seems to stay in place with no trouble.

BRIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Mr T View Post

This is what we carry in our R25 Luton
            Two single duvets, six pillows, one seat foot rest, one ten inch tv, four tyre grip mats, one hose lock shower unit, one children’s paddling pool (for shower),one hand air pump for pool, two umbrellas plus walking stick one sun shade umbrella, one royal utility tent .It all seems to stay in place with no trouble.

BRIAN
            A paddling pool and air pump! What luxury. I just stand in the washing up bowl! LOL!!

Comment

luton

Amongst other things, I've got cricket stumps in mine! For the wellies
              Carpe diem! :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X