X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

romahome Gas for cooker

dear all,

i have an old romahome like the one in this picture and have never connected it to a gas cylinder for cooking. Please advise :
    what type of gas ?
    what size of cylineder ?
    what brand names are good ?
    how to do the connection and make sure it is safe & good ?
    pitfalls to avoid, any other advice.
    thanks
    RD
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=rom...0&tx=114&ty=83

Hi RD

The Camping Gaz 907 cylinder is the one I would recommend.

The first bottle will cost you about £50 - £60 and subsequent refill/exchange cylinders about £20. Smaller cylinders are available too.

The regulator screws onto the top of the bottle and a hose is secured using jubilee clips to the regulator and appliance.

Camping Gaz is widely available in the UK and Europe and the only downside is it isn't suitable for use in temperatures below freezing.

My bottle is stored inside my van so is kept above freezing with my overnight 1kw oil heater so I've never experienced a problem with sub-zero temperatures.

Hope this helps

John

Comment

avoid 907 camping gaz they're are a rip off scam and overpriced 2 times.

there is a thread on the site and information on how to use a bigger bottle for 1/2 price.can't find the thread myself as I'm in mac donalds france carpark and so far haven't bought anthing

Comment

gas bottles

try your local tip as i get emtiy one for a £2 then exchanch them

Comment

Originally posted by riosromahome View Post
          avoid 907 camping gaz they're are a rip off scam and overpriced 2 times.

there is a thread on the site and information on how to use a bigger bottle for 1/2 price.can't find the thread myself as I'm in mac donalds france carpark and so far haven't bought anthing
          I guess this is the thread:

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=2829

I only use gas for cooking as my heating/fridge uses electricity on campsite hookup so one 907 bottle lasts me a year/ 6 weeks holiday entitlement so I don't consider about £20 per year expensive.

I guess if I was running the fridge/heating off gas it would be a different story.

John

Comment

You will need to get the gas installation pressure tested to make sure the system is sound and not leaking. The type gas bottle you can fit will depend on what type of gas regulator you have got.
            A visit to a motorhome service and repair centre who is Gas Safe Registered should be able to sort you out.
            I would avoid camping gaz as it works out expensive.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X