As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silver screens for berlingo based romahome

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver screens for berlingo based romahome

I ordered a sliver screen for my year 2000 berlingo based romahome duo from
    http://http://www.silverscreens.co.uk/ 01274 872151 the service i received from them was perfect, the screen its self is well padded and a quality item, i am told it can also be used on the inside too, it has 2 "envelopes " that slip over the top of the doors, no fiddley straps or velcro to mess with, its fits nice an snug, it comes with a bag to store it in, i am delighted with it, cost just under £90.00 including postage and was with me the day after i ordered it. Plus when fitted we dont have to pull the cab curtain across which gives a feeling of more space, i cant recommend the screen or the company enough.

silver screen for romahome

Hmm. They charged me 119 pounds for mine today! A padded silver screen for Citroen berlingo base vehicle. Wonder why the price difference. Still, I will try to regard it as an investment in my future comfort.

And now no-one needs to see all the junk we throw onto the front seats!!!
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

If as I do you camp all year round,you may believe me when I say it is money well spent,as the cold weather strikes it keeps you warm,very worthwhile.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

And, if you ever upgrade to another vehicle, they will part exchange your old screens. They are fabulous screens and well worth the money.

Comment

erm

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
          Hmm. They charged me 119 pounds for mine today! A padded silver screen for Citroen berlingo base vehicle. Wonder why the price difference. Still, I will try to regard it as an investment in my future comfort.

And now no-one needs to see all the junk we throw onto the front seats!!!
          wondering if your berlingo is newer than mine !!!!!!

Comment

silverscreens

My R20 is built on a 2008 base vehicle. Suppose that could account for the difference in price? Am looking forward to getting the screen anyway

Little chance of ever being able to afford an upgrade in the future - limited financial resources and all that! Thus is a once in a lifetime purchase.

Comment

The Berlingo based Duo, Outlook and R20s all use the same screen cover so That does not account for the difference in price.

Peter

Comment

silver screen

thanks, Peter. I'll give them a ring tomorrow to check on this.

Comment

hello,We bought our screen from them as a couple years ago,the chap (the owner)spent about 20 miniutes selling us the cheaper version of the one we had rang about! The best thing we bought 08 HYLO and such excellent service, I think we paid over £100 but can't remember right now
                  Joe
                  If you feel life is uncertain always eat your pudding first!

Comment

silver screen

Mystery solved - very politely, too! It seems that johnt was offered a 'middle of the roll' possibly more crumpled screen, which cannot be part-exchanged (not offered to me or I'd have taken that option as well!!)

Never have been one to judge by appearances so would have been quite happy with that, but hey ho, order is on its way and I'm sure it will be BEAUTIFUL! I might even attach a notice inviting people to admire it

Comment

silverscreens

I bought one of these from the same company about two years ago. I actually chose the one in which you can fold down the front section. It cost over a £100 pounds at the time although as a one off purchase I thought was worth the expense.
                      A friend bought one for her R20 recently but was not offered a choice so was sent the all in one version. She is fairly happy with this but I was surprised the sales staff did not discuss the model options.

Lizzie

Comment

silver screen

Credit where it is due - she explained re the option of a fold down flap to let light in, how to install the screen (alerted me to the video which I watched whilst she was talking). very prompt, helpful service - it is apparently in the post already, which is impressive compared to many other suppliers of things advertised on t'internet.

I'm happy with what I have ordered so no problems, truly.

But I wouldn't have worried re a few creases - what is a wrinkle or two between friends? Oh no, we're not talking about me!!!

Comment

hi sue

well im stuck for words i was not offered a middle of the roll cover i wasnt aware there were different quality ones, mine certainly is not ruckled, anyway whats a few wrinkles between friends, might take a picture if i can work the camera on my phone of it fitted.
                          john

Comment

silver screen

Hi John

Altogether a strange situation but not worth our while worrying about, I guess. Certainly no offence intended, John. Very sorry if it may unintentionally have been given.

The important thing is - we both have (or in my case will have, once it arrives) beautiful, cosy silver screens, supplied by a top manufacturer, so they should give us many years of good service. I'm happy with my purchase and am delighted that you are too.

With best wishes for continued safe travelling and cosy camping.
                            Last edited by NomadSue; 11-08-2011, 16:21.

Comment

Hi

We have an external silverscreen which we used on our 2004 Dimension. It looks as new. We found it made a great difference in helping to deal with condensation.

It wraps over the door corners and it has velcro on the front so that you can drop the centre down during the day.

On the Invoice it said to fit 1995 - 2006 vans.

If any-one is looking we would be happy to sell as we no longer have the Dimension.

We have priced it at £50.00

Any thoughts ?

Gail

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X